Saturday, May 4, 2024

Wild & Free for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  May is upon us, and this month at The Flower Challenge, we're asking everyone to color your flower(s) using any medium of your choice - inks, watercolors, pencils, alcohol markers, you get the picture.

I hadn't had enough play time with the Simon Says Stamp April card kit, so I decided to use the stamp set and a piece of the pattern papers included in the kit.


I chose this piece of pp because of the beautiful colors in a somewhat watercolor-looking design.  I matched up my markers to coordinate and colored the pretty floral image.  I love how dainty both the flowers are in this set.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.  Both the flower and sentiment were die cut with their matching dies.

The panel was trimmed down to 4" x 5.25" and added to the white card base, which ended up being a mistake, because then, when I went to trim off some of the leaf and stem to fit, it got a bit tricky.  But I got it done!  Both the flower and the sentiment were layered on one extra die cut before adding to the card for just a slight bit of dimension.  Finally, I added some purple gems. 


What medium is your favorite for coloring flowers?  We'd love to see your card in the gallery, you'll have until the 25th of the month to play along.  In the meantime, please head over to the challenge blog and enjoy all the beautiful inspiration my wonderful teammates have for you!

Take care!

Stef

  • SSS Wild & Free Stamps and dies
  • American Crafts Dreamer 6x8 paper pad
  • SSS Cool Tones Dazzling Gems
  • Copics - V05, 01, 00, G02, 00, 000, BG78, 75, 72

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely way to send your sympathies. Wonderful card, Stef!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Stef!! I love that dsp you used (it really does look like water coloring!) and your coloring and shading on the flowers is SO PRETTY!! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Cindy Beach said...

How beautiful your coloring is, Stef! I love how gorgeous it looks paired with the pretty papers.

Vicky Hayes said...

A beautiful card Stef! It was the best idea to match the markers to the DSP and the result is so effective. Vicky x

Nancy said...

That paper is pretty but your florals are over-the-top gorgeous! What a lovely sympathy card. I am glad I am not the only one that makes vibrant sympathy cards. Why would I want to pick dull and dreary colors, I want to lift up the person, not make them feel worse.