Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Wishing You Joy for Christmas Craft Creations

Hello friends!  Today's card is for the reminder post at Christmas Craft Creations, where this month we're asking participants to use an embossing folder or stencil.  Easy-peasy, right?


I tried a new technique that I saw Jennifer McGuire do, and while the technique results weren't very satisfactory, I did mange to salvage the card and I like how it turned out.


I started with a panel of Tim Holtz White Heavystock, which can take a lot of water and covered the front of my panel with Villainous Potion Distress Oxide ink.  The technique entails adhering a stencil over the card stock, misting with water, then absorbing the activated ink through the stencil.  This can be done as many times as you'd like until you're happy with the amount of ink removed.  You then dry the panel thoroughly, put the stencil back in place and use a lighter color of ink through the stencil were the ink was removed.  

Well, as I applied Picked Raspberry DOX through the stencil, it just didn't seem vibrant enough, so then I tried the same color in regular Distress ink and it was too dark!  Awwkkk! So my only alternative at that point was to apply some white glitter glitz gel through it and it did turn out beautifully.


After the glitz gel dried, I trimmed the panel down and added directly to a white card base.  The Joy sentiment and sub-sentiments were silver heat embossed then adhered to the card front with thin foam tape.  For additional the final touch, a few holographic stars were added, including one in the middle of the O in Joy.  I was very happy that I managed to save my card and add it to my holiday card stash!


We would love to have you join us, the challenge stays open until Tuesday, March 12th at 6pm GMT.  

Thanks for stopping by and take care!

Stef

  • Gina K Stellar Snowflake Stencil and White Glitter Glitz Gel
  • Simon Says Stamp Stained Glass Greetings stamps and die and Sentiment Labels die
  • Trinity Stamps Oh My Stars Holographic Confetti Mix
  • Villainous Potion DOX, Picked Raspberry DOX and Distress ink, Versamark

No comments: