Sunday, February 4, 2024

Heart Hugs for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  It's time for the first challenge of the year at The Flower Challenge, where this month we're asking everyone to add a heart to your card.


The new year brings about an update to our challenge badge and we're also thrilled to be welcoming Vicky Hayes as our latest team member!

For my card I used a retired stamp set is still perfect for hearts and flowers.

 

I adore this heart wreath.  I colored it, along with two extra flowers, with Copic markers then die cut everything, including a couple more of the heart wreaths in white for layering.  Next a panel of white was lightly stenciled with pink hearts, then trimmed down and adhered to a postage edge rectangle.


A separate heart was die cut, inked around the edges with the same pink ink, then added to the back of the layered wreath.  I wanted the sentiment to match the flowers, so I used my Copic markers to create an ombre on a piece of white cardstock then die cut the sentiment from that.  The ombre is definitely subtle but in real life it's more evident than in the photo. The sentiment was also mounted on two additional die cut layers then added to the center of the heart.  I have to say I'm very happy with how this turned out, especially finding an appropriate sentiment to fit inside the heart wreath!


I do hope you'll join us this month!  There's a wide variety of ways to add a heart to your floral card and if you drop over to the challenge blog, my amazingly talented teammates will dazzle you with their designs!  Come on back on the 15th of the month, when I'll return with my reminder post.

Take care!

Stef


  • Simon Says Stamp You Have My Heart stamp and dies
  • SSS Nested Rounded Hearts
  • Altenew Versatile Greetings die
  • Spellbinders Postage Edge Rectangle die
  • Memory Box Drifting Hearts Stencil
  • Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Altenew Pink Diamond
  • Copics - R59, 85, 83, 81, G99 29, 21, YG45
  • Sketchmarkers - V61, 61
  • Olo markers - YG8.7, 8.5, 8.3

6 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card Stef! Your coloring on the heart shaped wreath and flowers is soooo pretty and I love the background and your ombre "hugs" too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Vicky Hayes said...

Your cards are always so perfectly designed Stef! I love the postage stamp frame and the lightly stenciled heart background which are the perfect foil for your beautiful bold hearts and flowers centrepiece. AND the perfect sentiment - and the ombré shows up fine on my screen! Vicky x

PS Thanks for the warm welcome to the team :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is a darling wreath! I love the shape of the sweet roses on it and the soft stenciling in the background. Delightful card, Stef!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Stef!

Nancy said...

This is just gorgeous, Stef! Love the stenciled background and how you added the pink in the center of your gorgeously colored wreath. So inspiring!

Bobby said...

Your wreath is beautiful, Stef, and beautifully colored. The soft stenciled hearts look wonderful with it.