Monday, September 4, 2023

Fragrant Peony for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  It's the fourth of the month, which brings a new challenge over at The Flower Challenge!  This month we are asking everyone to use a die.


I'm also playing along with Addicted to Stamps and More where the challenge is to make a birthday card.


Finally, I'm also joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.


For my card, I went all in with dies, using the lovely Fragrant Peony dies from Altenew, along with a couple others.


I recently decided to buy a few of the new Altenew Fresh Dye inks and this card was the perfect way to test them out, and quite honestly, they are wonderful.  I love my Crisp Dye inks and they work fine, but I did see a bit brighter results from ink blending and a clearer image when stamping the sentiment.

I started by ink blending the lightest blue, Water Hyacinth and the lightest green, Silver Sage, on white cardstock, then die cut the petals and leaves.  I then used the next two darkest inks from both ink families to add shading to the die cuts.  The center was die cut separately from a scrap of white and blended with Sunray and Yellow Ochre.  Putting the flowers together is easy with Altenew's keyhole design for lining up the layers.


With the flowers and leaves ready to go, I die cut the Waffle Flower Ring Panel die from white and layered it on a panel of Simon Says Stamp Fog cardstock, which was then added to a white card base.  The sentiment, from MFT's Stylish Sentiments stamp set, was stamped in Indigo Skies, the darkest blue, then die cut with label die.  The flowers were arranged around the sentiment and I was done.


No doubt you have a die in your collection and we'd love to see what you create with it.  But before you head off to your crafty place, be sure to check out the stunning array of cards the design team has created over at the challenge blog!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  MFT Stylish Sentiments
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, SSS Fog
Ink:  Altenew Yellow Ochre Crisp Dye ink, Sunray, Water Hyacinth, Alpine Aster, Crystal Violet, Indigo Skies, Silver Sage, Jade and Eucalyptus Fresh Dye inks
Dies: Altenew Fragrant Peony and Featured Sentiment dies, Waffle Flower Ring Panel die

3 comments:

Viv said...

Fabulous floral creation again Stef, I love it ;) hugs Viv xx

Lisa Elton said...

I love your pretty blue flowers on that wonderful background! This is a cheerful card, Stef!

Bobby said...

Your big blue blooms are beautiful, Stef. I love the arrangement and the background die.