Sunday, September 3, 2023

Seas the Day for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends!  Wow, didn't August just blow by?  I can't believe it's time for kids to be back in school and autumn just around the corner. At Sunday Stamps our new color challenge presents a palette that can be used for a summer card if you're not ready for fall!  Either way, I hope you're inspired to join us!


I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where this week's theme is Anything Goes.

I fussed around trying to make a mountain scene with these colors, but then decided the coast was calling and ended up with this fun little vignette on my card.


This gull trying to retrieve a sea star cracked me up and the sentiment went so perfectly.  I stamped the gull and starfish on the peer and did some easy Copic coloring.  Next I used Simon Says Stamp Morning ink to blend in the sky and Uncharted Mariner Distress Oxide ink for the ocean, then going over it with my B97 and 93 Copic markers to even out the color.  A white gel pen was the perfect tool to create small waves and ripples in the water.  


Next I used that same Morning ink, blending it all around the edges of a white panel, then cutting it down used a deckled edge die .  It was wrapped with some hemp twine and added to the white card base.  The main image was then popped up with more foam tape to finish off the card.  Pretty simple card but I think using dimension adds more interest.


So what are you inspired to make with these colors?  I hope to see your card in the gallery, but in the meantime, be sure to visit the challenge blog where my talented teammates have some fabulous cards.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Colorado Craft Company Seas The Day
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, SSS Morning, Uncharted Mariner DOX
Dies:  Altenew Mix and Match Frames
Other:  Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, Lawn Fawn Hemp Twine
Copics:  E37, 35, 33, 31, Y28, 26, 35, 32, Black100, C6, 4, 2, 0, B97, 93

5 comments:

Nancy said...

This Florida girl loves this card. Love the added twine and of course the water!

Heather said...

So fabulous, Stef - love this water scene! Those gulls get into everything, don't they?? Beautiful blues - always so clear and beautiful!

Melissa Grant said...

Love the go get em' attitude of the gull!! As always, great coloring for your beachy theme scene!

Lisa Elton said...

Love that you went to the coast with this one, Stef! A fabulous card with a fun sentiment!

dj said...

I am loving your beachy take on our "Solitude In Nature" color palette!! As always you are offering great inspiration to those who decide to play along with our new color challenge. #SSC317