Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Hole In One Kind of Day

Hello and welcome!  I'm back with another post today, this time for the great color challenge over at Just Us Girls, where Elizabeth chose red, blue, yellow and a color of your choice, which for me was green.  That combo worked perfectly for two BIL birthday cards I needed. 


My BILs and my husband are lifelong golfing buddies, so I always try to grab stamp sets with those types of images, because they seem to be so rare.  Gina K Designs just came out with a fun set and I used one of the stamps for these cards.


I started by stamping and coloring the 18th tee image.  The "grass" was a bit tricky because I wanted to give it some dimension but since greens (the putting area for those of you non-golfers) are so closely mowed that there can't be long grass blades, I resorted to making dots and squiggles with 3 consecutively darker colors over the lightest color, then blending it all with the 2nd lightest color.  While not perfect, my husband gave them a thumbs up, so I figured it looked satisfactory lol!


The sentiments were stamped with black pigment ink, then the Happy Birthday portion cut out with a label die and I ended up fussy cutting around the sub sentiment.  I settled on a mini-slimline design and used a die set to cut out the white and red layers, ink blending a bit of bright yellow on the white before adhering everything with thin foam squares.  I couldn't decide whether to use navy or the bright blue for the base so I made one of each.  Super simple but I think the guys will like their cards, because, you know, golf... ;-)


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it!  I hope the rest of your week ahead is nothing but fabulous!  

If you're interested you can check out my prior post here.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Hole in One (Gina K)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Real Red and Pacific Point (SU), Soft Navy (SSS)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Squeezed Lemonade Distress
Other:  Hole in One dies, Mini Slimline Essentials dies (Pinkfresh Studio), Featured Sentiment die (Altenew)
Copics:  R59, 46, 17, T8, 6, 4, 2, 0, YG67, 17, 03, 01

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun addition to our gallery Stef! These look like the perfect cards for your BILs, they're terrific!

ElizStewart said...

Stef... such a fun golf card! The sentiment is priceless. Every second you spent on the grass was worth it... so realistic! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

Nancy said...

Sensational cards, Stef! My hubby and I golf, I am not any good but we both enjoy watching it as well. He likes to remind me that in order to get good I would need to practice. LOL I know they are going to love them because they are awesome! Thanks for playing at Just Us Girls! Hugs!

Carol said...

Cool golf cards Stef! I made one for a neighbor today for her grandson and wish I had seen this first! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Us Girls!