Sunday, June 26, 2022

Happy Flowers for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps.  This week the lovely Claire has created this wonderful sketch that is just so versatile, I can definitely see myself using again it in the future.


We are also introducing our newest Design Team member, Erin Simpson from Daily Dose of Craft! Erin's clever and creative card making will bring even more inspiration for our followers!  Welcome Erin!

For my card, I ended up combining both modern and vintage looks.  I hope you like it!


I had this floral image stamped out and finally decided to use it.  I colored both the flower and leaves with Copic markers then cut them out with the coordinating die.  You may notice that the top four petals and flower center are popped up.  This is because I messed up the flower center on the original image and it was not repairable (arrrggghhh).  So I stamped and colored just the four smaller petals and center, used a white gel pen on the ends of the stamen, fussy cut it and popped it up on the flower center with a thin foam square. 


Next I went looking for some patterned paper to match my images (you'd think after all these years of card making I'd do that before coloring but nope, not today lol!).  I did find a subtle pattern that matched, but it was on ivory rather than white.  But I've gotten over not wanting to mix my neutrals, so the paper was die cut, adhered to a Desert Storm card base, then I used a little bit of crochet trim from my stash for the horizontal strips in the sketch.  I pulled out a previously created foiled hexagon, adhered it and trimmed off the overhang, then layered the flower, leaves and two additional die cut leaves on top.  I tried to add a sentiment but I didn't like the placement, so I will wait until I use the card and add something to the inside.


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the amazing cards by the other DT members and hopefully be inspired to join us for this great sketch challenge!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Happy Flowers (Gina K Designs)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm, Hammermill, Spring Flowers Collection (Moda Scrap)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Happy Flowers dies, Decorative Swirls die set (white leaves/Altenew), Diagonal Stitched Rectangle die (Pinkfresh Studio), Nested Hexagons Hot Foil Plate and Die, Venetian Crochet Trim (ret. SU), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  RV99, 69, 66, 55, 52, BG49, 15, 32, 11, E49, 59, 57, 55

3 comments:

dj said...

Striking!! Fantastic coloring of that blossom!! What great inspiration you have given to those who decide to play along with our sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!

Heather said...

Wow, Stef, beautiful - another coloring wonder! Love that bold and detailed flower, truly lovely over the cool papers!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card, Stef!