Thursday, June 9, 2022

Art Is...

Hello friends, thanks for stopping by!  Today I'm sharing a sweet little card that I made for two challenges.  The lovely Lisa has chosen Paintbrush for Word Week at Just Us Girls, and the talented ladies at Addicted to Stamps and More are celebrating 10 years of challenges with a Make Your Mark challenge.  Big congrats to them!


I've admired all the beautiful paintbrush dies but haven't made that plunge...yet lol!  But I remembered I had a sweet Anita Jeram illustrated stamp set that worked perfectly.


Those two little bunnies watching the artist at work just make me smile!  There are some additional cute critters in the set, but I was in a hurry to get this card completed by the deadline, so I opted not to make an elaborate scene this time.  I colored the stamped image with Copic markers and used them to create a little sketched scene for the bunny to be "painting".  The image was then die cut with matching dies.


Next a panel of white was ink blended with light blue and tan, then die cut with a deckled rectangle die.  The sentiment was stamped then I fussy cut around it.  The panel was adhered to the ivory card base with thin foam tape, then the main image and sentiment added on top, also with foam tape and I was done!


Thanks again for visiting!  Take care and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  Art Is (Anita Jeram/Colorado Craft Company)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Antique Ivory (Hero Hues)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Latte and Seafoam (Simon Says Stamp Pawsitively Saturated Ink)
Other:  Art Is dies, Deckle Layers Rectangle die (Waffle Flower)
Copics:  W5, 3, 1, 0, C3, 2, R20, B45, 52, E29, 37, 34, 42, 41, 000, G28, 24, 21, BG11, 10, 0000

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is just as cute as it can be Stef! Love the deckled edge and soft inked background. I do have a thing for bunnies! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls!

ElizStewart said...

Stef... this is sooo adorable! I love these bunny images but you have made yours extra special with your fabulous coloring! Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

foleysfriend said...

Super cute! Love the little bunnies watching the master paint. Beautiful card and I love the background you created. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.