Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Big Hugs

Hello friends!  I hope you're having a good week.  Today I'm sharing a card that is a bit unusual for me but I thank Jaydee at The Paper Players for pushing me to revisit making a one-layer card!  I used the beautiful color combo of green and blue from over at the Color Hues challenge and am also joining Addicted to CAS where I'm hoping the dots on the leaves work for that challenge and sharing with the June CAS challenge at Happy Little Stampers, where the theme is Hugs.





For my card, I used a small, sweet floral image.


I love the fun illustration of this floral image, especially the details on the leaves and the flower centers.  It was stamped and colored with Copic markers, using some color combos I hadn't put to paper for a while. 


I gravitate more towards aquas and pinks, so I loved coloring the flowers in blues.  And the greens were just a different grouping of markers than I normally use to get that bright yellow-green color combo.  When the coloring was done, the card was slipped back into my Misti to stamp the sentiment and I was done.  I really like the simplicity of this, so much so that I have 2-3 other one layer projects going on my desk.  Jaydee, you really inspired me!


Thanks for taking time to stop by!  Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Floral Henna (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Copics-B18, 16, 14, 12 G17, 09, YG07, 01

8 comments:

Karen said...

These flowers are stunning! I love the bright colors you chose, and the one layer card is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the vibrant colors, Stef! This is lovely!

Cindy Beach said...

Hi Stef, this is stunning! I love the intricate flower and your gorgeous colors. Wow! You do one layer wonderfully!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful in blue, Stef! Your coloring is gorgeous. These hues just "pop" off the page. A perfect one-layer card! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Nancy said...

One-layer cards are not my go-to either, Stef. However, if I could color this well I would perhaps feel differently! Beautiful floral stamp too. I always love seeing your work popping up in my travels in blog land, especially at Color Hues. Thanks for playing!

Jaydee said...

Stef, I know OLCs aren't your favorite, but you rocked it. Another beautifully colored creation. So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful card. Your coloring and shading is fabulous. Great clean and simple card, while also being a one-layer card. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS. Apologies for the late comment.

sue n.

Hannelie said...

The perfect simplicity makes this a real one layer wonder Stef!
Thank you so much for playing at Color Hues!