Thursday, June 23, 2022

Hello There for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe Challenge and this week I am the Feature Designer bringing you a new tic tac toe board!  I hope you're inspired and will play along with us this week!


I'm also joining the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge for June.


I created this board without a specific card or design in mind, so I finally settled on coloring, bright colors and scallops.


I love these pretty, delicate and somewhat whimsical wildflowers and while there are several images in the stamp, it was fairly quick to color.  To get some of those bright colors, I mixed a few Copic markers that 1) I don't use very often and 2) I never use together.  I was quite inspired by a recent You Tube video that the lovely Kelly Taylor created here.  In it she showed how to mix just a small number of markers to get a variety of colors.  I used one of the combinations (RV4 and V4) on the purple and pink bell shaped flowers and on my, those colors are almost florescent together!


Once the coloring was complete, the image was die cut with the coordinating die.  Next I started working on the card base.  I used an A2 sized stitched diamond cover plate on a panel measuring about 3 1/8" x 8 1/8" running each end of the panel through the die cutting machine after lining up the design in the middle for the second run.  It was then attached to the back of the scallop frame and both were adhered to the white 3 1/2" x 8 1/2" card base.  I ran liquid glue up the main stem, added it to the card front, then used thin foam tape under most of the flowers and glued down the floppier leaves.  The sentiment was stamped in black pigment ink, die cut then added with foam tape to complete this card!


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members and I'd love to see your card in the gallery this week!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Wildflower Slimline (Pinkfresh Studio), Circled Sentiments (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other: (all Pinkfresh Studio) Stitched Diamonds Cover die, Slim Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die, Nested Circle die, matching Wildflower Slimline die
Copics:  FV2, V04, RV04, 02, 00, BG45, YG17, FYG2, YG01, YR18, 16, Y17, 35

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful slimline, Stef! Love the whimsical blooms!

Helen said...

What a stunning slimline card Stef! I love your gorgeous colouring of these wonderful flowers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at HLS Anthing Goes with Dies Challenge this month! Have a good day!:)