Sunday, December 12, 2021

Jingle All the Way for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time Heather has given us a great sketch to work with.

I'm also joining the following challenges:





In trying to design my card using the image I wanted, I ended up flipping the sketch on the side.


I don't know if I'll ever get tired of using this fun and energetic Santa LOL!  He was stamped, colored with Copic markers and die cut with the coordinating die.  Next the sentiment was red heat embossed on white and die cut with a fishtail sentiment die.  The die was too long for the sentiment, so I ended up cutting it twice, moving the end of the die up closer to the word on the right end on the second pass.  I hope that makes sense!


Next I trimmed down the patterned paper for the background and the horizontal strip.  The larger piece was adhered directly to the card base, and after matting the strip on white and wrapping with Baker's Twine (yay, my stash yielded just what I needed!), it was added to the card with thin foam squares.  Santa and the sentiment were also popped up with foam.  The snowflakes were die cut three times, once from white glitter and twice from scraps of white cardstock, layered and adhered to the panel.  Unfortunately, they did not photograph well, but adding the dimension helps make them stand out from the background better IRL. The final touch was a bit of glimmer pen added to the "fur" on Santa's hat.


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the gorgeous cards by the other DT members and hopefully join our sketch challenge!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Jingle All the Way (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Cool Colab 6x6 paper pack (MFT), White Glitter paper (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Other:  Jingle All the Way die, Fishtail Foundations die (MFT), Merry and Bright Snowflake dies (SSS), Red Hot embossing powder (Gina K), Baker's Twine (ret. SU), Tonic Nuvo Shimmer pen

5 comments:

Heather said...

EEE, Stef! I LOVE this jigging Santa, and as always, your coloring is amazing! And go you for turning the sketch - WOW! Such a sweet little card, making me smile!

Pia S said...

Such a cute and cheerful Christmas design, a really great take on the sketch. I love this Santa!

Darlene said...

OMG ... so cute! Great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth Christmas challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support on our new challenge adventure!!

Darlene
PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Vickie Y said...

Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Heidi Baks said...

Adorable! I love the little rotation of the sketch.