Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Born to Sparkle

Hello and welcome!  I have a card to share that I made for the current challenge at Double D, where the them is to use lots of white.  I'm also sharing at CAS Colours & Sketches, where they are celebrating their 450th challenge, with the theme of using either a sketch or color challenge from the last 11 months and create a seasonal card with it.  That last part...I kind of stretched the meaning of "seasonal" in that while my card has lots of sparkle and white (just like the snowy landscape outside my window!), it's not specifically a holiday or winter card.  So we'll see if the blog monitors are feeling kind lol!


I choose the sketch from challenge #425 as the inspiration for my card design.


I ended up making a slimline size shaker card, neither of which I've created for a while.


For starters, I used the Slimline Stitched Circle die from MFT to create the panel for the shaker elements.  It was trimmed down, then I added a strip of acetate to the back of the panel, adhered foam tape to create the shaker "wells" and put in clear sequins, then added the aqua panel to the back.  


Next, the circular floral frames were die cut once from white glitter and twice from plain white cardstock, then layered up for some nice dimension and adhered to the front of the panel.  Next I used a slimline sized cover plate to create a subtle background layer, adhered it to the white card base, then added the shaker element.  The sentiment was trimmed out from a set of encouragement sentiment strips and adhered with thin foam tape.  Lastly, a few additional clear and aqua sequins were added to the card front for a bit more bling.


Thanks so much for taking time to stop by, I really appreciate it!  Take care and have a safe, happy New Year!

Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, White Glitter (Simon Says Stamp), Aqua Specialty (from an older Hero Arts card kit), Reverse Encouraging Words sentiment strip (SSS)
Other:  In Focus Floral Frames dies (MFT), Slimline Stitched Circle die (MFT), Bohemian Slim Plate cover die, Skinny Strips die (MFT), Arctic Aquamarine sequins (Little Things by Lucy's Cards), Sparkline Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Clear Acetate Sheet (SSS)

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh Stef this is just GORGEOUS! What a fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lots of White’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Patricia Hays said...

How clever of you to turn that sketch into a shaker card! It's so pretty! Thank you for sharing it with us at CC&S.

Donna Phelan said...

The perfect creative combo! I love your colors and that your slimline IS a Shaker card--my favorite style! This is just beautiful! It's such a HAPPY Birthday card! Well done! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Lots Of White Challenge. Donna, DT Member Happy New Year!

YoonYoung Kim said...

This card is so awesome! I was so inspired that you made a shaker card. Nice try! And thank you for sharing this wonderful card at CC&S challenge.