Thursday, December 9, 2021

Birthday Tags for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe challenge and I hope this great board will inspire you to join us this week.


I went across the middle row - birthday, ribbon, anything but a card - and made two tags.  Now, I still must have had the Christmas holidays on the brain because they did end up in green and a pinkish red, but still, using them singularly on a package or putting them on a card front would take away that holiday-ish look.


I started by cutting two tags from heavy white card stock then ink blended with pigment inks from darker to lighter up the tag.  After the ink dried, they were both embossed with 3D embossing folders.  Next, I used a pad of white pigment ink and lightly brushed it over the raised portions of the embossing.  I think it's such a spectacular look, especially with the florals.


Next, I created the sentiments.  For the pink tag, the word happy was die cut from gold cardstock and adhered to a white shadow, then layered directly on the tag. The word birthday was cut from a panel from the Reverse Birthday Sentiment Strips and adhered with thin foam squares. I finished the tag with gold thread and a white bow out of satin ribbon along with a scattering of gold glimmer gems.

For the green tag, the Happy Birthday sentiment was die cut 3 times, twice from white cardstock and once from silver holographic card stock, then layered together and adhered.  I used a few holographic stars, then added the green Baker's Twine and a silver bow.  

These were super easy to make, and I think it would be a nice to make a bunch of them for a gift.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it!  I hope you'll use the link above to check out all the fabulous creations by the other DT members and be inspired to play along this week!

Stef


Stamps:  None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Silver Holographic (Simon Says Stamp), Matte Gold (SSS), Reverse Birthday Sentiment Strips (CZ Design/SSS)
Ink:  Grapevine, Ruby Red, Coral Berry, Frosty Pink, Evergreen Forest Glades and Frayed Leaf pigment inks (Altenew), Sharktooth White pigment ink (Ink on 3)
Other:  Diamond Stars and Elegant Motifs 3D embossing folders (Altenew), Tag Trio die (Ellen Hutson), Happy Birthday die (SSS), Happy die (SSS), White Satin Ribbon (ret. SU), gold thread, Green Baker's Twine (EH), silver ribbon from my stash, Oh My Stars Confetti Mix (Trinity Stamps), Gold Glimmer gems (Studio Katia)

No comments: