Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Hello friends, I hope you're doing well!  Today I'm sharing a card made for two challenges - Addicted to Stamps where the current theme is birthdays and with The Paper Players, were the challenge is to make a CAS birthday card.




I essentially made a one layer card with some embossing and just a bit of splatter for a little added interest.


In my stash I had two components of this card, one the embossed background and the other a piece of Bristol previously ink blended with shades of Distress Oxide Ink.  I decided to keep it simple, in line with the challenge, with just one die cut image.  I used a leaf die to cut it out, maximizing the as much color difference as I could.


Next I adhered the embossed panel directly to the white card base, then gently added the black and gold splatter, first to the panel alone, then a bit more after laying the leaf die cut on it.  When the splatter dried, the leaf branch was glued to the base just along the main stems so the leaves could pop up a bit.  The sentiment was gold embossed on black paper, die cut then added to the base with foam tape. The last touch was to add three sequins.  Very simple and easy, especially using things from my stash!


Thank you for taking time to visit, I appreciate it very much!  Take care and have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  Sentiment Strips (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Versamark; Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers and Mermaid Lagoon DOX
Other:  (All Altenew unless otherwise noted) Just Leaves die, Featured Sentiment dies, Modern Squares 3D embossing folder, Antique Gold embossing powder, Jet Black Ink Spray, Starry Colors Gold Metallic Paint (Gansai Tambi), sequins

4 comments:

Izzy Scrap said...

I'm totally in love with this gorgeous CAS birthday card. Love the dimension given by the embossed white background panel. Perfect to highlight this beautiful inked leaf die cut. Also love the gold and black splatters. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Nancy said...

My gold embossing on black never turns out as crisp as yours, Stef. I love your card so much. The embossed background is just subtle enough not to take away from the pretty colors and the splatters. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week and take care.

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous design, Stef! Love that gorgeous embossed background and the pretty leaf cluster pops so beautifully in my favourite colours.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.
Hugs
Carol x

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful Stef! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players.