Thursday, April 1, 2021

Rainbow Florals & Butterflies for the Tic Tac Toe Challenge

Hello friends!  I hope you're doing well!  It's time for a new Tic Tac Toe challenge!  I'm hosting this week and have created this board with lots of fun options for spring.  I hope you'll join us this week!

I'm also joining the current Watercooler Wednesday Challenge, where the theme is All About Occasions.


For the Tic Tac Toe challenge I went across the top row (butterfly, scallops, slimline) and created a card reflective of spring, using a soft rainbow palette of pink, purple, green, blue (background panel), yellow and orange.


I started with the flowers, stamping on white cardstock then using layering stencils to apply the colors, using an assortment of Altenew dye inks and small blending brushes.  After the inking was complete the image was die cut with the coordinating die.  Next the butterflies were stamped on watercolor paper and water colored with two Altenew Woodless Watercolor Pencils.  These are new products to me so I am just trying small things to get a feel...honestly I haven't watercolored much for the last four years and I am definitely rusty LOL!  The butterflies turned out fine but some of my other attempts, well let's just say they are definitely practice pieces! Coordinating dies were used to cut them out after they dried.


Next, two shades of blue ink were blended on a panel of Bristol paper, then one edge was die cut with a scallop border die.  The upside of that are all the sweet little blue hearts I now have for use on future projects!  The white card stock base measures 3.5" x 8.5", but I trimmed down the card front so it wouldn't show when the blue panel was adhered to it.  I added the floral image directly to the blue panel, then used foam tape to adhere the sentiment and the butterflies.  The last touch was to add a few iridescent gems for some sparkle.


Thanks so much for visiting, I always appreciate it!  I hope you're be inspired to join us this week at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge; be sure to use the link above to check out all the beautiful cards by the other DT members!

Take care and have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  Floral Notes (Pinkfresh Studios), Beautiful Day (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol, Canson XL watercolor, Reverse Birthday Sentiment Strips (SSS)
Ink:  Versafine Claire Nocturne; Puffy Heart, Rubellite, Wisteria, Ultraviolet, Firefly and Grass Field (Altenew); Summer Shower and Sky Blue (PFS)
Other:  Floral Notes and Beautiful Day coordinating dies, Slimline Borders & Edges die, Woodless Watercolor Pencils (Altenew), Iridescent Jewels (Little Things by Lucy's Cards)

4 comments:

Tristan said...

Gorgeous slimline card Stef. Love the lace edge and your beautifully coloured flowers and butterfly. Thanks for joining us at WWC this fortnight. Tristan DT.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

There is so much to love about this beautiful card Stef! The soft blue background, the rainbow of cascading flowers and that oh-so-pretty border - just gorgeous!!

Nora Noll said...

I love that large flower stamp and how you colored it in. The addition of the lovely butterflies really pop off that light blue background. Such a beautiful card.

Dawn T said...

What a cool slimline card - thanks for sharing it was at Watercooler Wednesday challenge.