Sunday, April 4, 2021

Bold Birthday for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends and welcome back!  I hope you're doing well!  It's Sunday and that means it's time for a new Sunday Stamps Challenge.  Claire is hosting our sketch challenge and she's given us a very fun and trendy one to use.  

I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where Anything Goes is the theme.


I thought this sketch was the perfect opportunity to use a stamp set I've had for a number of months but had not yet used - do you do that?  I try not to but sometimes it happens.  Anyway, the set has a number of large slimline sentiments and since our family birthday season is coming up (numerous birthdays between April and August), I thought I'd make this a birthday card.  The sentiment was stamped in black on white card stock, then colored with Copic markers.  I left the stamp in my Misti, so when the coloring was done, I was able to re-stamp with black pigment ink and clear heat emboss.


The patterned papers are from a 6x6 pad from Honey Bee, which has heaps of great colors and designs. I think this combo will work well as a birthday card for either a male or female recipient.  I used a stitched rectangle die to cut the panel of Lemon Lime Twist, then adhered two paper designs.  I used a strip of Bermuda Bay to hide the seam.  The sentiment was die cut with a slimline die then matted on a slightly larger piece of Bermuda Bay.  After adding to the card with foam tape, the final step was to adhere some gold stars for just a bit of shine.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it so much!  Be sure to head over to the challenge blog to check out the fabulous cards by the other DT members, and hopefully be inspired to join us!

Take care and have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  Slimline Greetings (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist, Birthday Bash 6x6 paper pad (HB)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Claire Nocturne
Other:  Lacy Layers Stitched Slimline Rectange die (Waffle Flower), Slimline Nested Rectangle die (SSS), Clear embossing powder (Hero Arts), Gold Stars (ret. SU)
Copics:  BG13, YG01

1 comment:

Heidi Baks said...

This is so perfect! The multicolored sentiment and background paper layout -- just beautiful!