Friday, April 9, 2021

Folk Garden Birthday

Hello friends!  I hope you're doing well.  Today I'm sharing a card made for two challenges - Color Hues and Seize the Birthday (no toppings for me this time).




For me, pink and green normally indicates a floral design, so naturally that's what I made.


These flowers and leaves are all produced by one large stamp.  I used layering stencils that coordinate with the stamp to ink blend with dye inks.  They're pretty easy to line up and are all numbered so you know what order to go in.  Next, I used the coordinating die to cut out all the images.  I left the die cuts in the die, laying it on my desk face down so I could add foam tape to the back of the cut images.  It was definitely a test of my patience, but I do love the results! With all the foam pieces attached, I took a panel of white cardstock and adhere to the back, flipped it over then removed the die and all the cut pieces, leaving just my floral images attached.


Since the panel to which the images were adhered was A2 size, I decided to rim it with gold metallic paint to add a border.  I didn't worry about doing a "perfect" job as I wanted to give it an organic feel to go with the floral images.  I also used a few colored pencils to add a bit of shading to the flowers, then the panel was adhered to a white card base.  The sentiment was die cut from gold pearl metallic paper, then I finished things off by adding gold glimmer gems.  I love how this turned out with those graceful floral images!


I really appreciate you taking the time to come by and check out my card!  Take care and have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  Folk Garden (Pinkfresh Studio)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Gold Pearl metallic (Tonic)
Ink:  Versafine Clair Morning Mist, Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry Distress, Grassy Knoll and Olive (PFS)
Other  Essentials Sentiment Strip die (Altenew), Folk Garden coordinating die and stencils, Gansi Tambi Starry Colors metallic paint, Gold Glitter Gems (Studio Katia), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, Polychromos Colored Pencils

3 comments:

Nancy said...

This is such a pretty card! Your choice of tone of colors is just soft but yet dramatic enough where it needs to be. I hope that makes sense! Stef, I wish I had your cardmaking talents! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday and Color Hues! Have a great Sunday!

Karen said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the those stylistic florals in the pretty shades of pink and green. Die cutting them and mounting them with foam tape was worth every bit of your time! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Very beautiful birthday card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!