Thursday, April 15, 2021

Stenciled Floral

Hi friends and welcome back!  I hope you're doing well.  Today I have a card to share that I made for two challenges - the sketch challenge at Fab Friday and the Trend Week challenge at Just Us Girls.




I thought the sketch would be perfect as a mini-slimline card measuring 3.5" x 6.25".


To start, I used a layering stencil to create the rose and leave background.  I worked with three shades of pink for the roses, using the darker two towards the center.  Switching to the leaves stencil, two shades of green were used.  After the panel was trimmed down, I wrapped a layer of vellum around the middle, then matted it on a panel of black cardstock. 


For the sentiment I used the Apothecary Labels stamp and die sets.  I stamped the label in the darkest pink, used my heat gun to make sure the ink was dry, then white heat embossed the sentiment.  When that cooled, the label was die cut then matted on a slightly larger black label.  After the main panel was adhered to the white card base, I made a little nest of silver thread on the vellum, then added the sentiment label on top with foam tape.  Lastly a few jewels were added for a bit of sparkle.


I also made a second card in more earthier peach tones.  Which one do you like better?  Personally, I like them both, but I seem to be more drawn to cool tones rather than warm.


Thank you for taking the time to visit, I appreciate it!  Take care and have a great weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  Apothecary Labels (Altenew)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black, Pearlescent Vellum (Lawn Fawn)
Ink:  Versamark; Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Rubellite, Pastel Sunrise, Canyon Clay, and Burnt Red (Altenew); Grassy Knoll and Olive (Pinkfresh Studio)
Other:  Bed of Roses Layering Stencil (Trinity Stamps), Apothecary Labels dies, Fine Detail White embossing powder (Simon Says Stamp), Bridal Mix Jewels (Little Things by Lucy's Cards), Gold Glitter Gems (Studio Katia), Gold and Silver thread (ret. SU)

4 comments:

Ina G said...

Such soft and pretty colours you chose for those layered roses Stef. Gorgeous cards and the sentiment on the vellum is lovely. Thanks for joining us again at Just Us Girls.

stampwithamyk said...

The backgrounds are stunning! Love the colors that you used too! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Mertz said...

Our sketch looks great stretched to a slim line! And the choice of vellum for the center panel is great so as not to cover up any of your lovely flowers! Both colors look great so please don't make me choose!! :) Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

So beautiful, Stef! Love that stencil you've used, and your coloring is so soft and perfect for both colorways! The vellum is the perfect touch, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!