Sunday, October 20, 2019

Beware the Cat!

Hello again!  It's been over 6 weeks since I last posted and in that time my husband and I moved from Oregon to Idaho.  All I can say is that I'm grateful it's done and hope I never have to move again any time soon!

So this is my first challenge post since moving and my first Halloween card for this year, which I am entering into the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, where conveniently the current theme is Halloween. 😄

For my card I used a cute new-to-me stamp from Picket Fence.  I love the sentiment!


I began by using various Distress Inks to blend the background on Bristol paper, then splattered it with water, white gouache and black gesso.  When completely dry, I stamped the cat on the broom stick and bats with black pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment was also heat embossed on the panel but it didn't show up adequately, so it was embossed with purple ep on black and popped up on foam tape below our broom-flying cat. The panel was trimmed down and mounted on a slightly larger panel of black, then added to the gray card base with foam tape.


Thanks so much for visiting!  I'll be back tomorrow night with a card for the new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers, so I hope you'll come by and check it out!

Stef


Stamps:  Wicked Together (Picket Fence)
Paper:  Smoke, Black (SSS), Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Milled Lavender, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Blueprint Sketch and Black Soot Distress Inks; Versafine Claire Black Pigment ink
Other:  Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear and Wendy Vecchi Cactus Flower embossing powders, White Gouache, Black Gesso

1 comment:

Bev Polen said...

Hi, Stef! I have been wondering what happened to you! Now I know! LOL It's great to see you back with a beautiful Halloween card! Love that cat! Hugs!