Monday, October 28, 2019

Surprise Gift

Hello, friends!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Jeanne is hosting this week and has chosen the lovely combination of Blueberry Bushel, Lipstick Red and Coastal Cabana with a dessert option of a nautical theme.  I just could not get my mojo going for anything nautical so I opted to skip dessert and make a Christmas card, since I am soooo far behind in my production due to our move.  I found one of Suzy's Watercolor prints that I thought was super cute and worked great with these colors.


Wouldn't you love to be a kid and find this wonderful surprise gift of a puppy in your Christmas stocking?  I used Copic markers in colors similar to those for the challenge to color this print, adding  neutrals including one like Mossy Meadow, which is a SU defined neutral.  When the coloring was complete, I used some gold watercolor paint on the stocking buckle and also the ornaments. When the paint was dry, the panel was trimmed down then I used my paintbrush along the edges to add more gold for a nice finishing touch.


Thanks so much for taking time to visit and I hope you'll use the link above to check out this week's SCS Color Challenge!

Stef


Paper:  Blueberry Bushel (SU), Suzy's Watercolor Prints Happy Holidays Collection (Simon Says Stamp)
Other:  Copic markers, Gansai Tambi Starry Colors watercolor paints, Sukura White Gelly Roll pen

No comments: