Monday, September 2, 2019

Rose Bouquet

Hi there and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Chris is hosting this week and has chosen the festive colors of Real Red, Granny Apple Green and Call Me Clover, with a dessert option to include plaid in your design.  This color combo just cries for Christmas but I am packing to move (about 70% of my craft room is in boxes, sniff, sniff), so I just didn't have time this week to formulate a plan a holiday card, let alone with plaid, so I pulled out one of my favorite stencils and put together my card this afternoon.


I used Distress Inks in colors similar to the SU colors used for the CC to ink blend the Rose Bouquet stencil on a panel of Bristol.  It's a bit hard to see in the photo, but I used the two green colors to blend the leaves.  It's pretty because one is more yellow green, the other with more blue hues.  When that ink dried, the sentiment was stamped over the stenciled image with black pigment ink and the corners rounded with a punch.  The card still seemed a bit spare so I used a gold ink pad around the edge of the panel, then smooshed the same ink on an acrylic block, added water and splattered across the panel.  Once all the ink was dry, the panel was popped up on foam tape on a black card base.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll use the link to SCS above and check out this week's Color Challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Everything Together (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Black, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  VeraFine Claire Nocturne, Delicata Golden Glitz, Festive Berries, Peeled Paint and Lucky Clover Distress Ink
Other:  Bouquet of Roses stencil (SSS), Corner Rounder punch (SU)

No comments: