Monday, October 21, 2019

Sending Hugs

Hi there!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers and Mary is hosting this week.  She's chosen the wonderful fall colors of Merry Merlot, Daffodil Delight and Cajun Craze, with a dessert option to make a fall or Thanksgiving card.

I'm also playing along with the current challenge at The Paper Players, where LeAnne's challenge is to make a CAS card with a large sentiment as the focal point.


While I did ink blend my background, I think I left plenty of "white space" around the card to be considered CAS.  However, the purists among you may differ with that opinion LOL!  And that's okay, we all have our opinion of what constitutes CAS.


I used the CC colors to ink blend the background on Bristol paper, then splattered with water and set aside to dry.  Next I smooshed the ink pads onto craft mat, sprayed it with water and pulled a couple of panels of watercolor paper through the ink.  After it dried overnight, I cut it with several leaf dies.

To assemble the card, I started by die cutting the word "hugs" three times from Merry Merlot card stock and stacked them, plus stamped and trimmed down "sending".  The ink blended panel was trimmed down then the die cut leaves and sentiment added before finally adhering to the cream card base.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always appreciated!  Have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  That is All (WPlus9)
Paper:  Cream (Simon Says Stamp), Merry Merlot, Canson XL, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Merry Merlot, Daffodil Delight, Cajun Craze
Other:  Fab Foliage (MFT), Elegant Leaves (Sunny Studio), and Script Words dies

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a showstopper Stef! I adore your inky background and the leaves don't distract from your big hugs! Vicky x

LeAnne said...

This is AMAZING! What a gorgeous fall card you've created...it is still CAS enough with lots of open space, but your simple sentiment and pretty leaves kick it up just enough! Your blending is fabulous! I love it! Thanks for playing with my challenge this week at the Players!

Ann Schach said...

Such a beautiful background, Stef...and definitely CAS enough for me! I LOVE these colors! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!