Monday, April 4, 2016

You've Got This!

Welcome back!  It's Monday and time to share my sample card for this week's Color Challenge #577 at Splitcoaststampers. This week, Barbara has chosen the lovely combination of Pink Pirouette, Pool Party and Mossy Meadow.  I had to pass on "dessert" this week, which is to use an animal on your card.  Instead, I chose...a flower!  What a surprise, right?  Here's a link to the Color Challenge SCS CC577.

This week I decided to use the pretty You've Got This stamp set, which is a new acquisition for me.  The card base is a 5" x 5" square card made from Pool Party card stock.  It was topped with a slightly smaller square of Whisper White that was partially layered with a piece of Birthday Bouquet designer series paper and a piece of the gorgeous Pool Party Glitter ribbon.


The flower was stamped with Archival Basic Black onto watercolor paper.  Next I covered it with a mask I fussy cut from a Post It note, then the background stamp from the same set was inked up with Pool Party and stamped over the top.  The petals were water colored with an Aqua Painter using Pink Pirouette and a bit of Pretty in Pink for more depth of color, the stamens with So Saffron and the leaves with Mossy Meadow.  I mounted it on a slightly skewed panel of Pool Party, which was then popped up with Dimensionals.


I used a piece of textured Pink Pirouette card stock for the horizontal strip that was decorated on one end with Rhinestone Basic Jewels, which were also scattered about on other parts of the card.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and was inked up with Mossy Meadow, stamped on Whisper White card stock, punched with a Scallop Circle punch, and layered on a circle of Pool Party cut with a Circles Collection framelit.  The final touch was to add a bit of Gold Wink of Stella on the stamens and Clear Wink of Stella on the petal edges.

Thanks for your visit and I'd love to hear from you if you have a moment to leave a comment!  I hope you are able to join us with this week's Color Challenge - I've added a link above to give you a taste of all the great inspiration!

Hugs,

Stef


No comments: