Hello friends! Here we are, the second Sunday of the month and that means we have a new color challenge for you at the Paper Players! This time the lovely LeAnne is hosting and has chosen a trio of pretty colors that I find perfect for fall.
Because these colors remind me of fall, I created a pretty bouquet with the challenge colors along with neutrals in ivory, a metallic champagne plus light and dark browns.
The bouquet definitely has a lot of layers and dimension. I probably got a little carried away (a little???) but I love how it turned out.
I started by cutting the five layers of each flower from Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry. The foliage was die cut from ivory, dark and light brown along with PP and CC. The two ivory leafy branches were then ink blended with bright yellow and Real Red inks. The layers of the flowers were ink blended with darker shades of orange and yellow then white pigment ink was dabbed onto the ends.
The background panel was stamped with the Cracked Background stamp from Simon Says Stamp using a light brown ink. A strip of wood embossed brown cardstock was layered at the bottom for the "table", then the doily and watering can with the Thanks sentiment were added. The flowers were layered on with varying levels of foam tape then all the foliage was tucked in behind them. I decided there was enough going on so embellishments weren't necessary.
So what are you inspired to make with this trio of colors? To see the fabulous designs by the other DT members, use the link here to visit the challenge blog. The challenge will remain open until 3pm EDT on Friday, September 18th. I hope to see your card in the gallery!
Stef
- Concord & 9th Rustic Bouquet die and stamp set
- SSS Cracked Background stamp
- Tim Holtz Lumber embossing folder
- SU Real Red, Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry cardstock
- SSS Dark Chocolate cs
- Altenew Espresso cs
- C&9 Sand cs



8 comments:
I love the dimension on the flower petals with the white on the edges and deeper shading towards the middle, this is a gorgeous bouquet! It reminds me of a neighbor I had when I was a child, she grew zinnias in her front yard and they were in fall colors like these. Beautiful card, Stef!
Holy guacamole! This is amazing! Those flower have so much depth and dimension! The watering can is amazing all on its own as well! What a fabulous background and sweet little scene you created! Just a real eye-catcher!
WOWZA. I think all those layers were absolutely worth getting carried away. Love the distresed background and the doily under the watering cans. Beautiful shading on the florals and leaves, too. Gorgeous.
hugs
jaydee
GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS! Layers make me happy and these beautiful flowers make me SMILE! The distressed background and doily are just perfect. The sweet little watering can is perfect to show off this amazing bouquet of FALL foliage and flowers. You sure made these colors shine, Stef! Have a great week, My Friend!
Stef ---- this is so beautiful. I thinking it took a good while to cut and colour and layer everything but worth every second. The crackled background is super and is a great foil to the floral arrangement. Maybe you were a florist in a former life? I'm so impressed with this card - but then each week, I think you it's the best card ever and then you do another one! :-)
Stef this card is stunning, a real fall masterpiece! The effort and time that has gone into it is clear and the crackle glaze background and shiny vase add lovely contrast and texture, but for me it's the flowers - the additional inking adds so much depth and dimension. Gorgeous!
This is beautiful, Stef!
Wow, Stef! This is gorgeous. The dimension on the flowers is amazing. I feel like I can reach out and pull paint flakes from the crackled wall. The watering can on the doily is the perfect complement to the glorious bouquet. A frame-worthy masterpiece!
Post a Comment