Hello friends! I'm back with a card for our new challenge at the Paper Players. This week we have a great theme from the amazing Joanne.
This is a really flexible theme. As you can see by the prompt, candles for any occasion (or decor) will work. I chose to make a birthday card this time because I can always use more plus I have a stamp and die set that hadn't been brought out to play yet, so this was the perfect opportunity. And because I made a birthday card with it and this is its first outing, I'll be linking up to the Anything Goes challenge at Seize the Birthday and to Darnell's NBUS challenge. I'm also sharing with the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where they're looking for stamped images (no digi).
I went with some bright colors for this birthday card.
Aren't those fun and festive images? The set is one stamp that adds all the images, then there are two dies - one that cuts the 3 small designs in a row and the two larger together, all with the postage collage look. I decided to cut them all apart so I could create this look with each one at a tilt except the small one in the middle at top.
Before cutting apart, everything was colored with Copic and Olo markers. The frames were open too, so one could use any color, but because I had a variety of bright colors, I thought black worked best. And I think it really makes them pop.
Once cut apart, they were added with thin foam squares to a teal panel cut with a postage edge rectangle. I found the sentiment already stamped and die cut so I place that at the bottom of the panel, then arranged all the cute images above. The last thing was to add Glossy Accents to the balloons and use a shimmer pen to add sparkle to the ribbon on the package, the confetti, hat and cupcake.
Thanks for taking time to visit! The team has some wonderful cards with candles over on the challenge blog, so head on over there for more inspiration. The challenge will remain open until 3pm Friday September 11th. I hope you'll join us!
Stef
- Simon Says Stamp Birthday Mail stamp and die
- Taylored Expressions Mini Strips-Sending stamp and die
- SSS A2 Postage Rectangle die
- Copics - BG49, 13, 11, YR24, Y15, 13, Black 100
- OLOs - V2.6, 2.4, 2.3, RV 1.7, 1.5, 1.3, 1.1
- Tonic Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen





No comments:
Post a Comment