I was quite tempted to create a floral with this duo of colors, but my love of Halloween took me in a "hauntingly" different direction, bwwwhhhaaa!
I had so much fun making this card. Spellbinders recently came out with the new Color Block Rectangle dies, which I had to have after loving the arched version that came out earlier this year. Anyway, while I was shopping, I found this cute Halloween cat and she had to come home to me along with the rectangle dies.
I knew the basic layout I wanted but messed around with the background and finally decided to use a panel of C&9 Avacado cardstock and darken it by ink blending SSS Artichoke ink and Black Soot Distress ink over the entire thing, keeping it lighter in the middle.
The cat was easy to assemble, although the eyes were a bit tricky. If you don't get them placed correctly, the eyes can appear crossed or wandering in opposite directions lol! Before adding our witchy cat to the panel, I stamped it with a spider web from another set. Once I had her in place, the two die cut bats were added, along with the sentiment, which makes me giggle every time I see it! To me the sentiment looks a bit crooked, but I checked it three times with my T-square ruler and the word are straight. I may still fiddle around with it.
After assembling the card, I decided to add one last thing. Using my white gel pen, I gave her some magic sparkles around her head.
What are you inspired to create with these colors? For more ideas, please head over to the challenge blog where my amazing teammates and our wonderful guest designer Amanda have some fabulous cards to inspire you. The challenge will remain open until Tuesday, September 29th at 9 am EDT. I hope you'll join us!
Stef
- Spellbinders/Simon Hurley Bewitched die set
- Spellbinders Trick or Snark Aug26 Clear Stamp and Die OTM
- Spellbinders Color Block Rectangle dies
- Stampers Anonymous/Tim Holtz Stamp and Stencil Halloween Collection (spider web)
- Sixxix/Tim Holtz Big Frights dies (bats)



No comments:
Post a Comment