This sketch gave me the opportunity to use a piece of loved, older (aka hoarded) patterned paper and combine some different colors for a fall look.
I'm also joining the current Seize the Birthday challenge, where the toppings option is to use fall colors.
And here's my card...
After searching through my patterned papers, I came upon on old Basic Grey pad called Indian Summer. I chose this piece because I like the drama of the dark background and the inclusion of berry and pink colors along with yellow and orange. I found a half panel of Stampin' Up retired Merlot cardstock and matched it up with some Spellbinders Scilly cardstock, which to me kind of looks like a coral-orange color I, both of which I thought they worked well together and with the BG paper.
Both the Merlot and patterned paper were cut down with the Spellbinders Playful Stitched Panels die and adhered to the Scilly panel just in the middle of both sheets. This allowed me to gently bend up all the corners. The leaf and branch die cuts were from some unused leftovers, and I used an old SU stitched circle die onto which they were adhered. The foiled sentiment was added atop all of those layers, then the final touch was to add three gold confetti embellishments.
Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it. Please take a moment to head over to our challenge blog and check out the fabulous inspiration from the other DT members. The challenge will remain open until Friday, October 2nd at 3pm EDT. I hope you'll join us this week!
Stef
- Basic Grey Indian Summer patterned paper pad
- Spellbinders Playful Stitched Panels die
- Altenew Zero Waste Leaf Pattern die (leafy branch)
- Spellbinders Build-A-Wreath die set (branches)
- Spellbinders Fancy Sentiment Strips Betterpress plate and die
- Stampin' Up retired Stitched Shapes circle die
- Simon Says Stamp Carmel Corn embellishments




No comments:
Post a Comment