Friday, December 15, 2023

Festive Bouquets v2 for The Flower Challenge

Hello my friends and happy holidays!  I hope things are going smoothly for you and that you're able to have time to enjoy the season.  I actually finished my Christmas cards earlier this year than the prior 2-3 and got the house decorated on December 1st, so I've been feeling a little ahead of the game.

But that's probably not why you've dropped by my blog, so let's get to it!  This is my reminder post for The Flower Challenge, where we're asking everyone to use gold on their cards.

I loved the lilies and the colors I used on my first TFC card here, so I decided to stick with them and go a bit bolder.


As with my prior card, the image was stamped, colored with alcohol markers, restamped with Versamark ink and gold heat embossed. The gold embossed sentiment is from the same stamp set and it, along with the flowers were die cut with matching dies.


For the background a panel of magenta cardstock was embossed with the Spellbinders Beveled Diamonds 3D folder, then lightly brayered with gold pigment ink across just the very top of the panel to make some of the embossing stand out.  When dry, the floral image was adhered and the overhanging parts trimmed off, then I added the sentiment with some thin foam squares.  


I hope you'll find a few minutes for a crafty break from the holiday busyness and join us - the challenge remains open until the 25th and we'd love to see your card in the gallery.  The team will be taking a much-deserved break in January, returning with a slate of new challenges for the new year beginning 2/4/24.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Stef


Stamps and dies:  Simon Says Stamp Festive Bouquets
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, C&9 Dragonfruit 
Ink:  Versamark, Altenew Antique Gold
Other:  Spellbinders Beveled Diamonds 3D embossing folder, Altenew Antique Gold embossing powder, Tim Holtz Brayer
Sketchmarker:  V111
Copics:  RV06, 04, 02, R39, 37, 35, YG67, 17, 03, BG32,11, G00

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your lilies look glamorous surrounded by all of the gold trimmings! Pretty card, Stef!

Marcia Hill said...

What an absolutely GORGEOUS card Stef! Those lilies in the bright pinks and surrounded by the gold are SO elegant, and I'm loving your background too! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Bobby said...

So beautiful, Stef.