Monday, December 4, 2023

Festive Bouquet for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends! Here we are, time for the final challenge for the year at The Flower Challenge.  This one is perfect for those last minute holiday cards or, if you're like me, you love using metallics on your cards anytime.

I'm also joining the current challenges at The Paper Players and Time Out Challenges.


Using a large floral stamp created an opportunity to create a slimline card, which I haven't done in a while.


I started with the stunning Festive Bouquets stamp set from Simon Says Stamp (and designed by the endlessly talented Emily Midgett), stamping the larger of two florals bouquets in the set.  It was stamped in alcohol marker friendly ink, colored using bright pinks for the flowers, then restamped with Versamark and gold heat embossed (yay for stamp positioners!).


Next came the background panel, which was die cut using the SSS Detail Bohemian Slim Plate, sprayed with shimmer then adhered to a white card base after it dried.  I used my trimmer to cut the floral image so I could use the two parts on each end of the card.  The sentiment is from one of my favorite holiday stamp sets by Poppystamps, also gold heat embossed then die cut with a rectangle die.  The flowers were adhered directly to the card, the sentiment popped up with thin foam tape and finally a few gold glitter gems were scattered about.  


I do hope you find time during the busy holiday season to join us! the challenge will remain open until 5 pm on 12/25/23, plus we'll be back with more inspiration on the 15th with our reminder post.  But, before you head off to your craft room, be sure to take a peek at the stunning array of cards my teammates have created - lots of inspiration there!

If you don't have a chance to drop by for my reminder post on the 15th, I wish a happy holidays to you and yours!  

Stef


Stamps:  SSS Festive Bouquets, Poppystamps Christmas Sparkle
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Dies:  SSS Detail Bohemian Slim Plate and Festive Bouquets, Hero Arts Nested Rectangle die
Other:  Hero Arts White Iridescent Shimmer Spray, Altenew Antique Gold embossing powder, Studio Katia Gold Glitter gems
Copics:  RV06, 04, 02, YG67, 17, 03, BG32, 11, G00, R39, 37, 35
Sketchmarker: V111

14 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

And sparkle it does! A fabulous card in every way, Stef! The stamps are so beautiful and your design is stunning!!

Aileen said...

Hi Stef, what a stunning beautiful creation. This flower stamp wow and the gold heat embossing perfect with the colour you used xxx hugs Aileen

Lisa Elton said...

Spectacular card, Stef! Love the bright pink and gold with the little touches of green.. Beautifully done, my friend, love this!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! This is a STUNNER of a card Stef and just absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! All that gold outlining really sets the pink off and makes it POP, and I just LOVE that sentiment!! This card totally SHINES my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Jaydee said...

WOW, Stef. You rocked this set! The gold with the pink is a beautiful combo and the coloring... well.. masterclass! So glad you shared this beauty with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is killer fabulous, Stef! I love every single inch of it. What incredible colorsing and design. Merry Christmas!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Yes it is very sparkly! The gold and pink are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your card at Time Out Challenge:)

Suzanne said...

Stef, Your card is gorgeous. I love the pink and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for taking part in The Paper Players Challenge.

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this stunning and elegant card. If I received this in the mail, I would save it forever. The pink, gold and bling make me so happy! These flowers are gorgeous!!!!!!!! So thankful you shared this beauty with The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, this is STUNNING! All I can say is WOW. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Greta said...

Absolutely stunning card--a favorite!

Nancy said...

This card is truly one of the prettiest Christmas cards I have ever received! It takes center stage right now with all the other cards I have received and will be proudly displayed in the studio all year long once Christmas is over! Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

Emily Shorette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bobby said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Stef. The coloring is wonderful and gives a glow to the flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.