Sunday, January 1, 2023

New Beginnings for Color Hues

Welcome and Happy New Year!  I am so pleased to finally announce that I have joined the fabulous design team over at Color Hues!  Woot woot!  And we are starting the year off right with a lovely color combination chosen by Nancy.


I am also sharing my card with the challenges at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme for both is "Party!".


What says party more than confetti and champagne?  I started with the confetti background, using the MFT Colorful Confetti background stamp.  It's unique in that it can be turned a quarter turn to add more confetti, and if you were using colored inks rather than gold heat embossing as I did here, you could get four colors of confetti.  I just turned it twice.  Once the embossing was complete, I ink blended a light pink on the panel, darker at the top and lighter as I went down the panel, fading off to white.


The arms were die cut from white cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I used two layers of Lawn Fawn Pearlescent vellum for the glasses, then used my Copics to create my "golden champagne", adhering those pieces to the glasses, then covering them with Glossy Accents for some shine.  Matte Gold paper was used for the bracelets.  After die cutting the large sentiment from gold glitter cardstock and gold embossing the sub-sentiment, everything was adhered to the big panel and then added to the 5" x 7" white card base.  This card was so fun to make - I love those hands raising a toast!  Trust me, you will be seeing them again in the future.


Thanks so much for visiting.  Now be sure to use the link above to see all the amazing cards by the other DT members and certainly you'll be inspired to join us - you have until 9 am EST on January 14th!

Take care!

Stef

All products from MFT unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: How to Say Cheers, Colorful Confetti Background
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Simon Says Stamp Gold Glitter and Matte Gold, Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum
Ink:  Versamark, Altenew Baby Pink
Other:  In Good Hands, Pop the Champagne and Tall Cheers dies, Altenew Featured Sentiement die, Studio Light Missees Tasha criss-cross bracelet die, Waffle Flower A7 Rectangle die, Altenew Antique Gold embossing powder, Ranger Glossy Accents
Copics:  Y28, 11, YR21, 31, BV04, E37, 15, 11, 21, 00

12 comments:

Karen said...

Welcome to the DT, Stef! We're so excited to have you join us! I love this festive card with the giant sentiment. Somehow I have missed that wonderful confetti background stamp which I just love; off to MFT to look for it. Happy New Year!

Julie B said...

This is such a fun card, full of celebration. Happy new year and welcome to the team. :)

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely way to celebrate the new year and your new gig! Congrats, Stef and Happy New Year!

Nancy said...

Happy New Year, Stef! I am thrilled you are joining us at Color Hues and I didn’t think this day would ever get here. What a wonderful celebratory card and as always your coloring is top notch. I love that background too! Awesome debut card! We will chat soon!

Marcia Hill said...

What a perfect card to start a new year and to use the pink and gold colors Stef...LOVE it!! The gold confetti and pink fade background along with the arms raised in a toast are FABULOUS and definitely say CELEBRATE!! So happy to be joining the team with you and looking forward to a FUN 2023!! Hugs. :0)

cm said...

Happy New Year - and welcome to the CH team! Your card...ohmystars! Stylish, elegant, classy...a knock-out in every way! Confetti, champagne, a toast...you've made an impressive debut!
~carol

Cindy Beach said...

Thrilled to have you join the team, Stef, and raising a shout of welcome! You had me at 'confetti' especially when it sparkles with gold embossing. LOVE your card!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a fabulous card, Stef. It is so celebrative on several levels. Love the ombre, all the sparkle and splatter, Oh and those bracelets!!! Just fabulous. Congrats on your new gig. Happy New Year.

Rosemary said...

Your card is so creative and beautiful. Thanks so much for the lovely comment you left me. I hope you decide to take up cross-stitching, again. It is so much fun!

JulieP said...

I adore this card!!!! Love the sparkly sentiment, the background and the toasting flutes. Great card to start out the new year.

Hannelie said...

I can almost feel the bubbles tingling my tongue... but oops it is only 7am in this part of the world , much too early for bubbles ;)
A beautiful card to kick of your start in the Color Hues team. Happy to have you !

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy New Year Stef and welcome to the Color Hues team is absolutely love your New Year's card and you have all the right amounts of gold. This is so lovely! I'm looking forward to working with you! Cheers!