Monday, January 16, 2023

Marshmallow Fluff for Color Hues

Hello and welcome!  It's mid-month and time for a new challenge at Color Hues.  This time the lovely Sheri has chosen a timely combo for Valentine's Day - pink and red!


While I was quite tempted to make a valentine, I decided to go a completely different direction and keep it wintery using these colors.


I am always drawn to the fun Art Impression stamps illustrated by Bonnie Krebs, so I thought these two cocoa-drinkin' gals would be fun to color up in pink and red.  And besides, after the holidays, I could identify with their desire to hide their marshmallow fluff lol! (Darn egg nog...and cookies...and everything else!)  I used Copic markers to color them and a white gel pen to create polka dots on one cup and, with a red marker, create a kind of plaid on the other cup.  Since the set didn't come with a die, I fussy cut the image.


For the background I used a piece of light gray and white polka dot, which looks very much like a snowy sky to me.  I hand cut a couple of snowbanks and layered those along with the pp on a panel of white, then popped that up on the white card base.  The sentiment was cut with a circle die and placed among the white glitter snowflakes, then the ladies were added along with a little bit of shadow at their feet so they wouldn't look like they were floating in air above the snow.


So glad you dropped by, I appreciate it.  Be sure to use the link above to take a peek at the fabulous cards by the other DT members and hopefully be inspired to join us with your take on these colors!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Hug in a Mug (Simon Says Stamp/AI)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Trinity Stamps Winter Hues Paper Collection 
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Hero Arts Nested Infinity Rectangle and Circle dies, Tim Holtz Twig & Stump snowflake dies, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  R39, 37, 35, RV17, 14, 13, 10, E49, 37, 33, 08, 11, 21, 000, YR18, 14, T6, 4, 2, 0, C9, 6, 4, 2, 00, Black 100

11 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

I absolutely LOVE this card Stef!! You have colored it just beautifully with the pinks and reds and the sentiment couldn't be any more perfect too! FABULOUS card!! Hugs. :0)

Julie B said...

I do love the Ai ladies and this is such a great stamp, perfectly coloured too. Definately need the Cocoa tonight as the temps are plummeting here! :)

Lisa Elton said...

Your coloring is incredible, Stef! This card is oodles of fun!

Nancy said...

I am so happy that you went in a totally different direction. Your coloring as I have mentioned a time or maybe ten is so fantastic and that sentiment made me laugh out loud. You really inspire me!

JulieP said...

I adore AI stamps and have many but not this one. Super cute and a big "wow" on your coloring.

Nora Noll said...

I might "need" this stamp when I start buying again. This is adorable!! I LOVE your coloring!!

Karen said...

What a hoot! And what a great card--your coloring is fabulous as is the design!

Christine | Dances With Hooves Paper Design said...

So VERY cute! Thanks for the happy giggle!

Blessings,
Chrissy

Cindy Beach said...

This wintry scene had me chuckling! I love your coloring and added details to these chummy ladies. I'm always hesitant to use cute people or critter images with our 2 colors challenge - but you pulled it off magnificently! Love it, Stef!

cm said...

Rendered speechless with how amazing your card is! Your colouring blows me away. Delightful, funny, cute and classy; that about sums up my response! Love this!
~carol

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef your card is so much fun! Love the sentiment and your colouring is amazing!