Sunday, January 8, 2023

Love You for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends!  Today's post for Sunday Stamps is pretty special as we are celebrating the 300th challenge!  Woot woot!  And we're doing so with a fabulous sketch by the amazing Claire plus we'd love to see you make your card a celebration card as a bonus.

And a big thank you to everyone that has joined our challenge for the last 300, we wouldn't be here without you! 💓


I'm also joining the current Time Out Challenge where the theme is Romantic.  While my card will be sent to one of my grandchildren for Valentine's Day, it certainly could be used to give to a romantic partner lol!


For my card, I followed the sketch very closely.


This card came together so easily, once I made the decision on which patterned paper to use.  The paper was die cut with a rectangle die then layered on a scallop rectangle die cut from red foil.  But, before layering the pp on top, I die cut the large heart from the panel, which was then covered up by the pp.


Sorry about the photo quality, metallics are the worst for getting a crisp image.  Next, I adhered the scallop panel to the white card base, then cut a strip bright pink patterned paper from the same pad, layered it on a strip of white cardstock to give it some heft, then adhered it on the card.  I did the same with the heart and the sentiment dies, added a layer of white cardstock underneath before adhering to the card.  The last step was to add some cute pink clay hearts around the sentiment.  I know, they kind of get lost in the photo but IRL they look fine.


Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it!  I do hope you'll use the link above to check out all the beautiful cards by the other DT members and hopefully help us celebrate our 300th challenge!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps: None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Memory Box Polished Foil 6x6 pad, Simple Stories Sweet Talk 6x8" patterned paper pad
Ink: None
Other: Ellen Hutson Folk Heart die, Honeybee Stamps Scallop A2 rectangle die, Hero Arts Nested Infinity Rectangle die, Altenew Versatile Greetings dies, Pretty Pink Posh Pink Hearts Clay Confetti

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

That lucky grandchild of yours will love this delightful card!

Annette Elliott said...

Love your background you created for the white die cuts flowers. So pretty! Your second creation is adorable and perfect for Valentines. Love them both!