Friday, January 20, 2023

Butterfly Birthday

Hi there, I hope you're having a wonderful day!  I have a card to share with you that I made for the challenges at Seize the Birthday and As You See It.


As You See It #290

As it turned out, almost all of my card components were left unused from other projects.  Always a bonus and makes creating a bit quicker.


I love Jane's sketch for As You See It, but it worked best for my card to flip it to the side.  I started by die cutting the Memory Box Drifting Side Butterfly from Simon Says Stamp Matte Silver and white cardstock, then adhering the pieces together just along the bottom so the silver outline could be lifted slightly on the left edge.  I thought it would look pretty on floral embossing and found the Concord and 9th Honeysuckle embossed panel from my stash already embossed with Altenew's Beautiful Bergenia 3D folder.  I took my white pigment inkpad and lightly brushed it across the panel to highlight the raised edges and after the ink dried, trimmed it down about a half inch on one side.


The panel was adhered to a white card base, then I added a skinny strip of Matte Silver and a strip of embossed white to cover the remainder of the card front.  I pulled the SSS Happy Birthday from my die storage and found the one used on the card already completed and tucked in with the dies.  Sweet!  I adhered it onto the card front then added the butterfy and my card was complete!  


Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  Take care and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Stef


11 comments:

Cathy said...

Love this gorgeous butterfly! The white inking looks great on the embossing, never thought to use coloured card!! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Stef! I have got to get my hands on a new White ink pad because this looks wonderful. I love the added white and silver strip across the top too! The butterfly looks stunning. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and for including the topping.

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Stef. Love the pretty embossed panel and the lovely butterfly fits perfectly on it. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Heather Cooper said...

What a beautiful, elegant card, Stef! I love what you did with that embossed background paper and your treatment of the borders! The sentiment and butterfly steal the show though, with the narrow silver outlines on the white matte background. Thanks for using our sketch on As You See It Challenges.

Heather said...

Holy smokes, Stef, that embossed panel steals the show - stunning! Such a delicate hand with your silver details, too - this beauty SINGS! Love the turn, too! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

I like the way you've flipped the sketch and then the way the wings of that ever-so-gorgeous butterfly creep into the empty space. This is an elegant and beautiful creation. Thanks for playing along with us at As You See It.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way you jazzed up the embossed background! Fabulous card, Stef!

Jane Knudsen said...

Wow! What a beauty! I love that you flipped this sketch and used up the extras! But I am in love with all of that embossing! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with As You See It!

Cindy Beach said...

Oh, this i gorgeous, Stef! Love the elegance of the embossing and the beautiful butterfly. Who wouldn't love getting this in the mail!?

Deborah Wheeler said...

such a lovely card - the embossed panel is just gorgeous! It worked so well by roataing the sketch. Thanks for joining us at As You See It challenge

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a beautiful card Stef! I love the inked detail on that pink embossed panel and the white and silver really stand out against the pink of the main panel. Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at As You See It!