Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Happy Holidays for Christmas Craft Creations

Hello and Happy Holidays, friends!  I'm very excited to announce that I have been asked to join the wonderful design team at Christmas Craft Creations!  If you're not familiar with the challenge, it is monthly beginning on the 2nd Wednesday each month, with a reminder on the 4th Wednesday. 

This month the theme is gnomes and you have until 6 pm GMT on Tuesday January 10th to join the fun and get a head start on building your Christmas card stash for 2023!



I created a little snowy scene for my Christmas gnome.


Isn't he fun?  I've had this gnome die from Simon Says Stamp for three years, when I used it for a large number of Christmas cards, but haven't used it since then. His outfit was die cut from a scrap of patterned paper and red cardstock.  His nose and beard and the base layer were all cut from white, then I used my Copic markers for coloring.  


I used Marine and Cadette SSS Pawsitively Saturated inks for the background sky, then hand cut the snowy hills to layer on the bottom of the panel.  The trees where die cut from white, colored with Copic markers and added to the panel along with the gnome.  I used white acrylic paint for the snow and while that dried, red heat embossed and die cut the sentiment.  When everything was dry, the panel added to the white card base, the sentiment adhered with thin foam squares and lastly I added a cute white pom-pom to the gnome's hat.


Thanks so much for stopping by, I appreciate it!  Please do use the link above to see all the super cute gnome cards by the other DT members and hopefully join in the fun this month!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  The sentiment is from an older My Monthly Hero card kit that's no longer available
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Stampin' Up Real Red, patterned paper from my stash
Ink:  Marine & Cadette, Versamark
Other:  SSS Lil Gnome water dies, Poppystamps Iced Pine Trees dies, MFT Essential Stitched Sentiment Label die, white pom-pom, Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White paint, Gina K Red Hot embossing powder
Copics:  E13, 11, 00, R59, 46, W3, 1, 0, C2, 1, 0

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulations, Stef!! Those snowy trees are the perfect backdrop for this fun fella! Adorable card!

Carol said...

Stef, your gnome is so cute as are the trees! I really like the snowy effect you got on the whole card too! So happy to have you on our team now!!!!!