Sunday, December 11, 2022

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this week we have a fabulous sketch from Heidi!  


I am also joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, where the theme is Holiday Cheer, and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, with a theme of Add Sparkle.

I made a series of snowflake cards using a similar design before I even saw Heidi's sketch, (you can see another example here) so I was very happy that another one worked perfectly for this challenge. Plus the color of the background is one of my favorites.


I started by embossing a panel of Concord & 9th Peacock card stock with the Simon Says Stamp Snowflake visions, then used my finger to rub Tonic Nuvo Almond Embossing Mousse lightly over the panel, then when applied a heavier amount around the edges.  


Next I used the SSS Glistening Snowflakes detail die to cut snowflakes from SSS White and Silver Glitter paper and the SSS Dainty Snowflake die to cut a smaller silver glitter snowflake.  Once the snowflake panel was dry, I adhered the snowflakes in layers, then added the sentiment with foam squares just towards the middle of the snowflakes.  The sentiment is from the Pinkfresh Studio Foiled Sentiments 4 holiday pack - super handy and a quick way to finish off my card!


Thanks for visiting!  Please be sure to use the link above to see the beautiful cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us - the challenge will be open until December 23rd.

Take care and enjoy the holidays!  

Stef



5 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Wow! This is SNOW gorgeous! Love the effect of the embossing mousse.

dj said...

A winter wonderland you have created here!! Love the texture and inking of it...beautiful!! What great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!
#SSC298

Lisa Elton said...

This is the kind of snow I can handle! Pretty card, Stef!

LeAnne said...

Just stunning, Stef! That folder looks amazing with the nuvo on top and your snowflake is out of this world!

Heidi Baks said...

I love your card so much! Such gorgeous layers, and the mousse shading sounds very interesting!