Thursday, November 18, 2021

Woodland Stencil Birthday

Hello and welcome!  I have a card to share that I made for my SIL's upcoming birthday.  He's an avid outdoorsman, so I think he'll like the stenciled scene on the card.  I'm sharing it with three challenges.




The stencil I used is 5.5" square so I was able to get two cards from this, although I only photographed one. The other one will go to my great nephew who has a birthday next month.


I wanted the image to be a black silhouette, so I used some black watercolor paper as I thought it might stand up better to all the ink being applied.  I started with a mossy green at the bottom, then progressed to brown for the hills.  The sky was yellow right along the horizon, then orange-red, then purple to dark blue.  The inks were all Distress Oxide (listed below).  Once the inks dried (and that took a while!), the panel was trimmed down and matted on a panel of moss green cardstock.


Finding the right size of sentiment probably took longer than anything lol!  I ended up using one from an Anita Jeram/Colorado Craft Company stamp set, stamping it in black pigment ink on white cardstock, then trimming down to size.  The main image was adhered to a black card base that ended up measuring 3.5" x 6.5" and popped up the sentiment on thin foam tape.  A really easy card that I think the guys will like.



Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Take care and enjoy your upcoming weekend...only one week until Thankgiving!!?!!

Stef


Stamps  Big Love (AJ/CCC)
Paper:  Mossy Meadow (SU), Black (Hero Arts), Stonehenge Black watercolor
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Forest Moss, Walnut Stain, Squeezed Lemonade, Crackling Campfire, Seedless Preserves and Chipped Sapphire DOX
Other: Scenic Woodland Stencil (Polkadoodles)

4 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

What a fabulous scene! And the slimline is so perfect for the tall trees.

Diane said...

Fabulous masculine card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Stef! Great job on the background and the overall scene is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Trees’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Donna Phelan said...

Beautiful ink blending, makes for a gorgeous night sky! Love the silhouettes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Trees Challenge. Donna, DT Member.