Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sparkle and Shine for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps.  This week we have quite a versatile sketch that can be used in a variety of ways.

So, how about a non-traditional color for Christmas?  That's where I went with my card for this challenge.


I was just in the mood for pink!  Actually, I tussled around a few design ideas for this great sketch but ended up running short on time and went to one of my great holiday fall backs - sparkle and shine!  I started by embossing a white panel with a beautiful snowflake folder and adhered that directly to my white card base.  Next I die cut the snowflake  from the pink glitter paper and layered it on the white shadow that was die cut from a Polished Foil paper pad.  I have to say I never thought I'd use that color foil but it worked beautifully as a background for the sparkly snowflake.


I had a piece of patterned paper cut out for the rectangle strip but after I laid it out with the snowflake and the holographic horizontal strip, it just didn't have enough zip for me, so I ended up using more of the pink glitter paper.  The both strips were adhered directly to the card front, then the snowflake and sentiment strip were popped up with thin foam tape.  I was thinking of adding some silver baubles that I just got from Trinity Stamps but then remembered these fabulous holographic stars and used those instead.


That finished off my card.  Thanks so much for taking time to stop by and I hope you'll use the link above to check out the gorgeous cards by the other DT members.  Please join us for this challenge and show us how you are inspired by this great sketch!

Stef


Paper:  Neenah Solar White, 6x6 Glitter Assortment Pack (Simon Says Stamp), 6x6 Polished Foil Pad (Memory Box), Silver Holographic card stock (SSS), Reverse Christmas Sentiment Strips (SSS)
Other:  Dainty Snowflake dies (SSS), Filigree Snowflake 3D embossing folder (SSS), Skinny Strips die (MFT), Oh My Stars Confetti (Trinity Stamps)

No comments: