Sunday, November 28, 2021

Holly Christmas for Sunday Stamps

Hello and welcome!  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps, where the colors are perfect for finishing up your holiday cards.


I think I managed to get all the challenge colors on my card along with some silver embossing and baubles.


I started by stamping and Copic coloring the large holly image.  The leaves have lots of intricate little shapes to them, so it was a bit of a challenge to color them.  I love the bright cluster of red berries and when the coloring was complete, I used Glossy Accents to give them a nice shine.  While the Glossy Accents dried, I went to work on the remainder of the card.


The sentiment was silver heat embossed on some Midnight Green card stock, then I used the matching die to cut it out.  I went through my patterned paper stash and found the green plaid paper, which I cut into a one-inch strip.  The main panel was trimmed down, then the patterned paper added along with two thin strips of silver paper.  After the panel was adhered to the card base, the sentiment was added with thin foam squares and the final touch was to add a few silver baubles.


Thanks for taking time to visit, I really appreciate it!  Be sure to use the link above to see all the wonderful creations by the other DT members and hopefully join us for this challenge!

Stef


Stamps: Mondo Holly (Ellen Hutson), Ornamental Christmas (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Matte Silver (SSS), Midnight Green (SSS), 9x4 Holiday Paper Collection (Trinity Stamps)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Other:  Ornamental Christmas die, Silver embossing powder (Hero Arts), Glossy Accents (Ranger), Silver Baubles (Trinity Stamps)
Copics: G29, 20, YG99, 45, R59, 46, 27, 14, C1

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wowza, Stef - I love what you did with those berries! So much depth and shine here - your coloring is fantastic!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful coloring and so elegant with the silver foil/embossing.