Saturday, November 27, 2021

Gnome for the Holidays

Hello and welcome! I'm sharing a fun card that I made for a couple of challenges - Joanne's fabulous sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches and using the festive color duo at Color Hues.



I haven't joined either of these challenges for quite a while, especially since I seem to keep running out of week and now Christmas is nearing rapidly.  But these both worked beautifully for using a fun gnome that I got last year.


I love this CAS design, although putting together all the fiddly little die cut pieces on the gnome's hat were anything but simple lol!  I die cut his robe from Matte Gold cardstock and the hat from the same and also from Matte Silver cardstock.  The rest (the base, solid hat, nose, mustache and beard) were cut from white.  I used Copic markers to color his nose, mustache and beard then adhered all the pieces to the base.  The hat pieces are actually adhered to a solid hat, then added to the base.


Next a panel of white was die cut with the mini-slimline rectangle die that put a nice design around the edges.  The sentiment was gold heat embossed, then the panel layered on 3 slightly smaller pieces of scrap cardstock and adhered to the white card base.  Our fancy gnome was adhered directly to the panel and I was going to leave it at that, but decided a few baubles were in order so they were added as the final touch.  I LOVE how this turned out, that gnome was definitely worth the time and effort!


Thanks for taking time to stop by, I appreciate it.  Enjoy the remainder of your weekend and take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Classic Holiday Sentiments (Waffle Flower)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Matte Gold and Silver (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  Deco Hat Gnome die (SSS), Mini Slimline Essential Bundle rectangle die (Pinkfresh Studio), Antique Gold embossing powder (Altenew), Silver and Gold Baubles (Trinity Stamps)
Copics:  E11, 000, W3, 1

7 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your silver and gold gnome is full of sparkle Stef and perfectly balanced by your trio of enamel dots - the diecut piecing of his hat was definitely worth it. Thanks for sharing with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches this week - so glad you liked my sketch!

Nancy said...

Stef, You inspire me time and time again! What a fabulous gnome and I just love the way you defined his beard! Awesome job! Thanks for being in the gallery at Color Hues!

Karen said...

It's fun to see a gnome all decked out in gold and silver. His hat is just amazing--worth all your time, for sure. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Cindy Beach said...

This gnome is super adorable, Stef! All that die cutting paid off, the hat detail is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues. I love you unique take on the colors!

Michal said...

This is wonderful!! Love the CAS design, and that gnome is just perfect!!

Julie B said...

Love your silver and gold gnome. The mix of glitz and Copic colouring makes a fab festive card, perfect for the challenge at Color Hues. Thanks for joining in. :)

SmilynStef said...

What a great card ... I especially like his beard.