Thursday, November 18, 2021

Happy Holidays

Hello and welcome!  I'm working, working, working on getting those Christmas cards done and thanks to the terrific challenges at The Paper Players and Freshly Made Sketches, one more is complete!



I loved Joanne's sophisticated color combination and Kim's sketch worked perfectly with what I had in mind.


This card came together so quickly that I am definitely going to use it for a bit of mass production.  I started by using a shimmer spray on a panel of white and before it completely dried, ran it through my Big Shot with the 3D snowflake embossing folder.  Having it a bit damp kept it from cracking.  Next came the horizontal strips, the largest of which was trimmed down from a sheet of pearlescent silver paper, which actually looks almost gray in the photo and in real life. To make sure I added gray, the sentiment was stamped with gray pigment ink on a strip of white.  


With the horizontal strips adhered to the embossed panel, it was added to a black card base with foam tape.  Next the berry brank was die cut from white cardstock three times and partially out of the pearlescent silver to get the berries.  The white die cuts were layered together then I trimmed the berries off and added them to the white die cuts.  I adhered it to the card and decided I didn't like it. ;-(  Do you ever do that?  I'm afraid I do that more often than I would like...anyway, the branch was die cut one more time from a different silver cardstock and added to the white layers, which I liked so much better! I left it simple without any embellishments so the snowflake background would shine and IRL it really sparkles.


Thanks so much for taking time to visit.  I'll be back later with another card for some other challenges (it's been a productive week!), so stop on by!

Take care!

Stef

(All products are from Simon Says Stamp unless noted otherwise)
Stamps:  Tiny Words Christmas 
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black (Hero Arts), Matte Silver cardstock, Pearlescent Silver (Tonic)
Ink:  Versafine Clair Misty Morning
Other:  Etched Berry Branch die, Snowflake Visions embossing folder, Tsukineko Sparkling Sheer Shimmer Spray

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Stef you had to know that I'd love this one to pieces! All that lovely grey? This gorgeous embossing set the stage so perfectly for all the pretty additions!
=]

Amanda Mertz said...

Shimmer spray is such an underrated product and I bet it looks awesome in real life! This is such an elegant card and perfect for Christmas wishes! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Wowza, this is stunning! That leaf is perfect against your embossing background....simple and elegant! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is beautiful Stef (and so much quicker than colouring ;-)) That single silver stem looks stunning against that shimmery white background. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Stef! This is gorgeous! The embossed panel is the perfect backdrop for the beautiful silver leafy stem. Clean, simple, elegant, and PERFECT! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Nora Noll said...

This is so gorgeous!! I love that leaf and the embossed background.

Kim S said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the pearlescent silver with that gorgeous die cut! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a classy take on the sketch! I love the embossed background and that gorgeous silver foliage. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.