Monday, June 21, 2021

Happy Day

Hello all, I hope this finds you doing well! Today I'm sharing a card made for the current CAS challenge at the Paper Players, where the lovely Joanne is hosting and asking us to include berries and/or fruit on our cards  


I'm also joining the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the current theme is Animal Antics.

I realized after digging through my stamp sets that I have only two with fruit images. So I opted to use the one with the cute mouse and her barrel of strawberries. (Thinking about it now, I'm sure I have Christmas stamps with berries on them too....).


I found the scallop rectangle in with my white cardstock and thought it would work perfectly for a little scene.  The mouse and sentiment were stamped first, then the butterfly afterwards, so I could get it very close to the sentiment.  A simple scene was created in the background then I colored the main images, all done with Copic markers.  I used a white gel pen to add a few dots to the strawberries, the used an aqua shimmer pen for some sparkle on both the berries and the butterfly. You can see that better in the photo below (the images are so tiny!!).


The colored panel was mounted on a white cardstock base and while I was trying to keep my card very CAS, it just looked like it needed a little somethin', somethin' more.  Eschewing sequins or the like, I settled on twine, wrapping it around one end of the card base and tying it in a tiny little bow.  


Thanks so much for popping by and taking a look!  Have a great week and try to stay cool if you're summer heat is anything like here where it's 97 degrees today-phew!

Stef


Stamps:  Always Bring a Smile (MFT), Happy Days (Colorado Craft Company)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  A2 Scallop rectangle die (Honey Bee Stamps), Linen Thread, Aqua Shimmer Pen (Tonic)
Copics:  BG000 YG01, 0000, G21, 40, E31, 30, 19, 0000, YR27, 23, 16, Y17, 11, T4, 2, 0, R39, 37, 35, 20

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

It IS a tiny image, but oh so cute! Those little strawberries look good enough to eat!! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Debbie Crowley said...

Stef, your card is absolute CAS perfection. Your little mouse is having so much fun with the barrel of strawberries. A happy scene that will make anyone's day happy! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.