Sunday, June 13, 2021

The Sweetest for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends, I hope you're doing well.  It's time for a new challenge at Sunday Stamps.  This week we have a pretty color challenge for you all to play with!


My card design was inspired by the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I switched it up a bit by making my card a mini slimline and swapped corners for the embellishments in order to accommodate the stamped image.


I chose to go with florals for my card.  Now, when you look at the color board above compared to my card, you may notice some difference.  When I was previewing the color board on my tablet, the colors hues definitely had more yellow in them, so I was seeing dark green not blue and orange rather than the salmon color.  But when I went to create my post on my laptop, I saw the colors looked different, but it was too late to recreate a new card, so I'm going with it as is lol!!


The floral image is from the Miss Your Smile stamp from Pinkfresh Studio.  I colored it with Copic markers, including a light aqua in the background that is hard to distinguish in the photo.  When the coloring was done, I used a mini slimline rectangle die to cut out the panel and it leaves a nice decorative edge.  


The panel was mounted on a white card base with foam tape, then the sentiment was stamped, die cut and added to the front of the card with thin foam squares.  The final touch was to add the clear dew drops in the upper right corner.  Aside from the time spent with Copic coloring, this card was quick and easy to make.


Thanks for taking time to drop by, I really appreciate it.  Be sure to use the link above to check out the wonderful cards by the other DT members and hopefully join us for our current Sunday Stamps color challenge!

Take care and have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  Miss Your Smile, Floral Notes (both Pinkfresh Studio)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Mini Slimline Essential Bundle rectangle die (PFS), Fishtail Foundations die (MFT), Clear Dew Drops
Copics:  R56, 46, 24, 14, YR18, 07, 15, 21, G29, YG 67, 63, 61

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Yeow these flowers are gorgeous! Beautifully done! Glad you joined us at FMS!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, I love your colors too, Stef! You inspire me so much, and thank you for sharing your Copic colors! Hugs and love! xoxo

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card and beautiful coloring.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow! These flowers are just stunning and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh my goodness, this is glorious and your colouring absolutely stunning Stef! I have just found a Pinkfresh stockist in the UK and someone may wish to confiscate my wallet!! Vicky x