Monday, June 21, 2021

Missees Slimline Birthday

Hello, friends!  Welcome to my second post of the day.  If you're looking for my earlier post for The Paper Players, you can find it here.

For this post I'm sharing a card that I made for my youngest grandchild and also the only girl of the three.  It's hard for me to believe she'll be 16, it doesn't seem that long ago we were walking to the nearby park, me holding here sweet little 5 year old hand.  Time passes way too quickly lol!

Anyway, back to the card, which I'm sharing Inkspirational, where the current challenge is to make a slimline card.


I had such fun with multiple Missees stamp and die sets, creating something that might look a little bit like my granddaughter. 


The body and head were cut from ivory cardstock, the hair from a reddish brown and the blouse from some designer paper using the body die and a neckline die.  The eyes, nose and mouth were stamped on the head after I determined where the hair was going to land in relation to them.  A white gel pen was used to brighten the teeth, and a pink-red Copic marker for the tongue.  I love the kind of cheeky face with the wink and the open mouth!


The earrings were cut from silver mirror cardstock, then I had to make sure to adhere all the pieces together in the right order so, for instance, I could get the earrings behind the hair.  Once she was all put together, I worked on the background.  I used white ink through a dot stencil on some aqua green paper, found a piece of patterned paper in a darker print, adhered them together on a white panel, then cut it all out with a stitched rectangle die.  I separated the patterns with a thin strip of white, then added the sentiment above, which had been die cut with a large speech bubble die.  After everything was adhered together, I used some silver baubles and crystal stars for embellishments and also as buttons on her dress.  So much fun!


Well, that's it!  Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!  Take care and enjoy the rest of your week!

Stef


Stamps:  Missees Melanie (StudioLight), Bitty Buzzwords (Honey Bee Stamps)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Ivory; Cinnamon Cider, Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay (Stampin' Up),
Bright DSP stack (ret. SU), Silver Mirror (Tonic), Spring Flowers Collection (Moda Scrap)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Hero Arts Unicorn White
Other:  Tasha, Betty and Carol Missees dies (SL), Wonky Dots Stencil (MFT), Speech Bubbles die (Ellen Hutson), Slim Lacy Layers stitched rectangle die (Waffleflower), Crystal Collection Night Sky (Little Things by Lucy's Cards)

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is SO FUN!!! I love this die cut and your fun background!!! GREAT card!!

cm said...

Aren't Missees just the most fun collection EVER?! I'm fully addicted to them! Your version; fresh, fabulous, fun and incredibly pretty! Thrilled to see this beauty in the Inkspirational gallery!
~carol