Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Wisteria Birthday

Welcome friends!  I've had a fun week playing along with lots of challenges, and this is my 2nd post for today.  For this card I used the great sketch from the current CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge.  I'm also joining Seize the Birthday with my "anything goes" entry and the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week's theme is "anything goes".





I was doing a little search through all my 6x6 paper pads yesterday for use in a different challenge and I found a wonderful pad from Basic Grey (one of a few I still have).  It came out in 2008 and I think I bought it within a year or two of that.  BG is no longer in business so I feel very fortunate to still have some of their beautiful patterned papers to create with.


I thought the Wisteria flowers hanging from a branch followed the sketch almost perfectly, if you flip it.  The colors are so soft and pretty, it really doesn't demand much else to finish a card.  I used an A2 sized deckled rectangle die to cut the patterned paper along with a piece of white card stock and I adhered them together for stability so the panel could be added to the card base with foam tape. The card base ended up being 4.5"x 5.75" so there could be a nice white border around the patterned paper panel.


The sentiment was die cut from white card stock three times and adhered together before adding to the card front.  A tiny pearl was used for the tiddle over the letter "i", then a few more added to dress things up.  And that finished my card.  Pretty quick and easy when you let the paper be the star of the card!


Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate it so much!  I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy!

Take care.

Stef


Stamps:  None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Wisteria 6x6 Paper Pad (BG)
Ink:  None
Other:  Deckled Rectangle die (Waffle Flower), Script Happy Birthday die (Simon Says Stamp), Basic Pearls (ret. SU)

5 comments:

Barbara said...

You are right, this delicate paper is all that you need to make a beautiful card like this. Except for the sentiment. I love the dreamy look. I am so thrilled that you have shared it with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.
Barbara DT

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card, love the soft look of the image, it's gorgeous dp. Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Shannon Lorenz-Hatch said...

Beautiful card - The paper is gorgeous, you are quite lucky! Thanks for joining us this week at CC&S

Wei said...

Pretty card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love it when a pretty paper does all the work - the detail on that one is so subtle and gives your card a lovely soft, tranquil feel. Great work as always Stef! The wisteria is perfect for the shape of our sketch too - thanks for playing along over at CAS Colours and Sketches this week!