Thursday, January 21, 2021

Merry Days

 Hi friends!  I hope this finds you well!  Today I'm sharing a card made for the current Paper Players challenge, where the lovely Claire is hosting.  It's the monthly CAS challenge and this time the theme is "Snow".  I'm also joining the current challenge at Addicted to Stamps, where it is Christmas week.






So many potential ways to go with the snow theme but snowflakes won out!  


I went through my pile of leftovers from making Christmas cards and found this gorgeous embossed background.  The panel was initially sprayed with Distress Spray Stain and Shimmer Spray, then when dry was embossed with the Filigree Snowflake folder.  I just love the pattern and the shimmer makes it so elegant.  The panel was trimmed down and added to a white card base with foam tape.


The large snowflake was die cut from holographic paper and the shadow from heavy weight vellum backed with double sided adhesive paper.  I first removed the release paper of the vellum and added it to the embossed panel then adhered the snowflake.  The sentiment is from a sheet of sentiments and I trimmed it out with my paper trimmer then adhered it across the snowflake middle with foam tape.  The final touch was to add a few holographic star sequins.


Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I hope you're staying safe and healthy.  Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  None
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Silver Holographic (Simon Says Stamp), Grafix Platinum Vellum, CZ Design Reverse Christmas Sentiment Strips (SSS)
Ink:  Dusty Concord Distress Spray Stain
Other:  Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spray, Dainty Snowflake (SSS), Filigree Snowflake embossing folder (SSS), Oh My Stars Confetti Mix (Trinity Stamps)

5 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

That background is fabulous! The shimmer and texture and of course that beautiful color oh my! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing at The Fab Friday!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Stef! While I LOVE the die cut snowflake with its vellum backing, it's the stunning embossed panel in that gorgeous color that steals the show! You are always so creative. Thank you so much for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, I love this gorgeous purple background and that beautiful snowflake! The embossed background adds so much detail! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

laurie said...

Stef this is beautiful!! I just love all the textures. Plus I'm a sucker for snowflakes...they are always so beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

Susan Renshaw said...

Lovely snowflake!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!