Monday, January 11, 2021

Tender Blooms

Hello and welcome!  I have a card to share with you today, one I made for the current challenges at Just Us Girls, where we are to use a stencil, and Addicted to Stamps, where the theme is Make Your Mark.  



I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is to Use Something New.  The stamp set I used for this card is new.


My card today is very Spring or Summer-like, which is always nice in the dead of winter here in Boise!


The Tender Blooms stamp from Waffle Flower was stamped on a piece of white cardstock and colored with Copic markers, then cut with the coordinating die.  On a panel of Bristol, I used green ink at the bottom and then a cloud stencil in the sky with blue ink.  This panel was then cut with a slimline stitched rectangle die and adhered to the white base with fun foam for a bit of dimension.


The stamped image is quite large, roughly 5.5 x 6 inches, so I had to trim it down to fit the slimline format.  I used a combination of scissors and my guillotine paper cutter to selectively cut it so I could leave that one pink flower at the top left. I wanted to ground the bottom of the flower image, so I ink blended and die cut a grassy edge that was adhered over top to cover it.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and has a fabulous matching die.  Once the sentiment was adhered, I added a few clear dew drops to finish things off.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it so much!  I hope you're remaining safe and healthy, and have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  Tender Blooms (Waffle Flower)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Koh-I-Noor Bristol
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Fresh Pear, Grassy Knoll, Key Lime and Sky Blue (Pinkfresh Studio)
Other:  Tender Blooms matching dies, Rolling Clouds stencil (MFT), Slimline Lacy Layers die (WF), Grassy Hiss Borders (Lawn Fawn), Small Clear Dew Drops (Honey Bee)
Copics:  RV69, 17, 55, 52, R43, 32, 20, B04, 02, 000, Y19, 11, E37, 39, YG45, 23, 17, 01, G29, 28, 21, 17, 03, C 4, 2, 0

3 comments:

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is an absolutely sweet and beautiful card, Stef! Those bright and cheerful flowers and the blue sky, so energetic. Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM.

Nora Noll said...

Your use of those flowers is amazing!! I LOVE the little scene you created with the dies and stencils. I never would have thought of using the grassy hills border but I am loving the look!

Lisa Kind said...

This is beautiful! That image is so pretty and you've colored it beautifully! I love using that cloud stencil on cards too. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!