Sunday, January 17, 2021

Snowy Birthday Wishes

Hello friends, and welcome back!  I have a cute birthday card to share with you today that I made for Seize the Birthday where the toppings option is Snowy Background and Inkspirational where the theme is Mask.  



For my card I used some Stacey Yakula cute critter images from Purple Onion Design.  I used masking to create the snow scene.


Meet Snowy the Owl, Birch the Bunny and Cedar the Fox, who are gathered to help celebrate the recipient's birthday!  I absolutely adore these images!  I started with a panel of white, first stamping Cedar, then masking him. Next was Birch, stamped and masked, and finally Snowy, also stamped then masked.  With that complete, the birch tree background was stamped.  After the scene was fully stamped and the masks removed, everything was colored with Copic markers, including the background. When I was done with the coloring the panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle die.


Next I watered down some white gouache and created the snow by first gently tapping a loaded paint brush on the finger of the opposite hand, then used an old toothbrush to get the finer show.  I did mask the faces of the critters before splattering so they wouldn't get lost in all the snow.  When the paint dried, the panel was mounted on a white card base with fun foam.  The sentiment was die cut and added to the panel with foam tape to finish things off.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it so much!  I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy, and have a great week ahead!

Stef


Stamps:  Birch, Snowy, Cedar and Birch Tree Background (Stacey Yakula/Purple Onion Design), Birthday Wishing (sentiment/Colorado Craft Company)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Stitched Rectangle dies (Simon Says Stamp), White Gouache
Copics:  Sky - B97, 95; Snow - V12, 01, B0000; Tree - W3; Cedar - E19, YR18, 15, 21, 20; Hat - YG17, 23, 01, 00, V09, 06, 05, 12; Birch - W5, 3, 1, 0; Hat - BG07, 45, 53, YG17, 23, 01,00; Snowy - E79, 77, 74, 71, 70; Hat - V09, 06, 05, 12 YG17, 23, 01, 00

4 comments:

Nancy said...

This is one of the prettiest scene cards ever! I have been sitting here staring at it for a very long time. Stef, Your coloring is phenomenal too! Thanks for gracing the gallery at Seize the Birthday with your work!

Shauna said...

Wow... this is a gorgeous winter scene! I love your little critters and the addition of the snow and trees is really beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Shauna said...

Ahhh... sorry about that... meant to say "Thanks for playing at Inkspirational!" =)

Bunny said...

Hey, Stef. I have no idea how I wound up on your blog but I was chasing a rabbit and I stopped to stare at this card. I love it. It's such a cute card. I love the Purple Onion line of critters. Love your card. Come visit me when you get a chance.