Sunday, June 28, 2020

Yay, It's Your Birthday for The Paper Players!

Hello, friends!  Welcome back!  Can you believe it's almost the end of June???  The weeks seem to just fly by, although I wish it was because we were vacationing somewhere instead hanging around the homestead!

But here's a fun way to spend your day - it's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  The lovely Claire is hosting our monthly sketch challenge with this terrific sketch:


I'm also joining the current Anything Goes challenges at  SSS Wednesday Challenge  and Seize the Birthday.


I have need of several masculine birthday cards (7 out of the 12 family birthdays in the next 2 months), so I decided to use this opportunity to make one.  I kept it pretty clean and simple, for me, and it came together very quickly.


I decided to use some of my "stash" of old patterned paper for this card.  In my early days of card making I became a "collector" of patterned paper but a few years ago I had to clear out a large portion of it (donated most of it) because I realized I probably would never use it.  However, I did keep some special designs that I loved and also a lot suitable for guy cards.



I chose a pattern from an old Basic Grey pad that I've probably had over 10 years but I still like the designs and colors.  The panel was die cut with a Wonky Stitched rectangle die, adhered to the card base, then the vertical strip, also from the same paper collection, was added.  The sentiment was stamped in brown pigment ink, trimmed down, layered on a piece of Seaside Spray card, then popped up on the card with foam tape.  The card looked a little tooooo plain, so I found a cute wood leaf embellishment for a little added interest.  Bingo, done!


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always greatly appreciated!  I hope you'll use the link above to check out the fabulous cards by the rest of the DT and find time to join us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Stylish Sentiments: Birthdays (ret.PTI)
Paper:  Ivory (SSS), Neenah Desert Storm, Seaside Spray (SU), Archaic 6x6 paper pack (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Versafine Clair Pinecone
Other:  Wonky Stitched Rectangle die, Wood leaf (ret. SU)


8 comments:

Jaydee said...

Stef, I love this paper and that wonderful sentiment. Such a fabulous masculine card and a wonderful use of the sketch
hugs
jaydee

Vicki Dutcher said...

Great masculine birthday card! Thanks for joining in at STB

Allisa said...

Great masculine card, love the leaf accent! I too have thinned out my pattern papers....though I am fairly certain I still have enough to last a couple of lifetimes!

LeAnne said...

I love the retro vibe of your patterned paper, but that sentiment is the BOSS! So crisp and clear and FUN!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A great paper for masculine cards Stef - love the addition of the leaf too! I absolutely hoard paper - I sometimes think I should just get rid, but I'm sure I'd just start collecting again!!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Oh - what a wonderful masculine card, Stef!! I really REALLY like that sentiment!! :)

Ann Schach said...

An absolutely perfect masculine card, Stef! I LOVE this paper, and the pop of blue. Like Mary said, it's an awesome sentiment!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love this, Stef! The clean design really pops and I love the retro-feel to that paper. That little leaf is such a fun detail, too.