Monday, June 8, 2020

Miss You for the SCS Color Challenge!

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Karen is hosting this week and has chosen Mango Melody, Poppy Parade and Old Olive with a dessert option to make the sentiment the focal point or main image.

The stamp set I ended up using is one with some big bold sentiments but the other images are not my style, so I have rarely if ever used the set.  Today I was determined to dust it off and make it work!


Beginning with the sentiment, it was stamped with black pigment ink for good coverage.  It is actually two stamps but they were easy to line up.  Next I lined up the flowers and hearts around the sentiment and used my Misti so I could stamp multiple times for good coverage. Distress Oxide inks in colors similar to the challenge were used.  After the stamping was complete (at that point anyway!), the panel was trimmed down and added to a mango scalloped rectangle.


At this point I felt something was missing, so I decided to add a little bow Black Baker's Twine to tie in the black from the sentiment.  After adhering to the card base with foam tape, I realized I forgot to include Old Olive on the panel!!  Fortunately the stamp set has a couple leaf images, so the smallest one was inked up with Peeled Paint, stamped on a separate piece of paper three times, then fussy cut. I wanted to have the off the edge look with the leaves so I placed them on the panel to get the right positioning, cut off the ends then adhered to the panel.  That finished up this very CAS card.


Thanks so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I hope you'll use the link above and join us for the Color Challenge this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Everything Together (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Mango Melody
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne, Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade and Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Inks
Other:  A2 Scallop Rectangle die (Honey Bee), Black Baker's Twine

2 comments:

Jo Nevill said...

Thank you for joining us in our DT Call over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge ! Good luck ! 🍀

Nora Noll said...

I love the way you used this large sentiment and then stamped these fun flowers around it. I have such a hard time doing this!! GREAT design!