Monday, June 22, 2020

Forest Collage Birthday for the SCS Color Challenge!

Hello friends, and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Barbara is hosting this week and has chosen Berry Burst, Tranquil Tide, Terracotta Tile and So Saffron with a dessert option to use a stencil.  I am without dessert this week as it did not work with my card design.

I'm also joining the current challenge at Seize the Birthday with my "Anything Goes" entry.


I have a number of birthdays coming up in the next two months, so I used this color challenge to create a birthday card for one of my BILs.  He enjoys the outdoors and I thought the colors lent themselves well to a sunrise (or sunset) scene.


It took me a while to decide what paper to use for the card front (e.g. there are now a couple of samples in my stash LOL!) but settled on this beautiful brown woodgrain cardstock.  It was die cut with the Far Away Forest Collage die.  Next came the background sunrise.  A piece of Bristol worked beautifully with Distress Inks.

Once the blending was complete, the die cut panel was adhered to the ink blended piece.  Before adding to the Desert Storm base, a piece of linen thread was wrapped around it, then it was popped up with thin foam adhesive pieces.  The last thing was to stamp the sentiment, trim it down, add flag ends and add to the card front with narrow foam tape.


Thanks so much for visiting, I appreciate it so much!  I hope you'll use the link above to check out the Color Challenge at SCS and hopefully join in the fun!

Stef


Stamps:  Big on Birthdays (ret. SU)
Paper:  Ivory (Simon Says Stamp), Woodgrain (Lawn Fawn), Strathmore Bristol, Neenah Desert Storm
Ink:  Versafine Clair Pinecone, Seedless Preservers, Rusty Hinge, Scattered Straw and Pine Needles Distress Ink
Other:  Far Away Forest Collage die (SSS), Linen Thread (SU)

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I love your colors of the sunset. a great masculine card to send. Thanks for joining in the Fun at Seize the Birthday Challenge.
Barbara DT

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Stef. That background is perfect for a sunrise or sunset. The brown woodgrain die cut looks great over it. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.